Today, our planet is facing some of the most pressing challenges we have ever experienced. Our natural resources are dramatically declining....
Today, our planet is facing some of the most pressing challenges we have ever experienced. Our natural resources are dramatically declining. By the year 2050, the world will need 70 percent more food when we reach a population of nearly 10 billion people. In order to make a massive global impact, we need to apply technology to change how we provide high-quality food, safe energy and water, and sustainable products.
Microsoft is committed to making advanced technologies and data insights accessible to all, so that we can empower every person and organization on the planet to thrive and grow as we strengthen our resource-constrained world. There is tremendous opportunity for Microsoft to capture significant share of the technology, capabilities and services needed to drive this change. We are looking for a strategy and technical leader to help the Manufacturing & Resources team to manage this transformation for our agriculture industry customers.
As the Agriculture Business Strategy Director, you will be the business owner for this segment of Microsoft's Manufacturing & Resources business and the customer advocate across the organization. This role is focused on generating industry solutions opportunities, working closely with Microsoft's engineering teams and industry partners. The role delivers growth of Microsoft cloud services-as well as other advanced technologies including AI, cognitive services, mixed reality, robotics, digital twins, blockchain and others-by developing the partner ecosystem and positioning industry solutions that solve the customers business challenges as they digitally transform their businesses.
This role will also serve as a trusted advisor to Microsoft's top accounts to identify and generate new business opportunities through industry solutions. This includes driving thought leadership that will accelerate digital transformation, industry competition and solution strategies, strong partnerships, as well as long-term, sustainable growth for Microsoft.
Requirements (Education, key experiences, skills, and knowledge):
* Established agriculture industry experience, expertise, and credentials with customer line-of-business needs and deep industry solution technical expertise.
* Knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise Platform, or at least of all disruptove technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, mixed reality, etc. and the ability to map relevant technologies to customers' IT and business needs and priorities.
* In-depth understanding of the partner ecosystems (including Tier 1s, ISVs, SIs) related to agrochem and agrotech and the ability to identify leading solution vendors or systems integrators with relevant repeatable solutions or domain practices.
* Deep understanding of the industry competitive landscape and be able to translate Microsoft's value proposition to drive global compete strategies.
* Agriculture industry specialized development or consulting position is desired.
* Understand, and have experience with, the application of cloud-based technologies in an agriculture environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar information technology-related, or engineering discipline degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Leverage established experience and strong knowledge of the agriculture industry and the competitive landscape to collaborate with key stakeholders to drive business-value focused and disruptive account plans within Microsoft's top accounts.
* Collaborate with key Manufacturing & Resources stakeholders and Microsoft extended teams to develop a long-term strategy and industry business plan to grow Microsoft's share across agriculture with a focus on the adoption and consumption of Microsoft Industry solutions. This includes working closely with engineering to provide feedback on products; advising the One Commerical Partner group (OCP) on partner strategies; and partnering with Marketing, Services, Digital and selected stakeholders to ensure industry solutions are targeted to meet customer needs.
* Work closely with key Manufacturing & Resources subject matter experts, field teams and other global industry sellers to land solution Lighthouse deals.
* Personally lead growth and compete initiatives with some of the largest and most strategic global brands, in partnership with fiedl account teams and other corp teams to build credibility, and nextgen platform capabilities for MSFT in ag.
* Partner with key Manufacturing & Resources stakeholders, account teams, and Marketing to land the business value of Microsoft priorities and technology portfolio at executive client touch points, strengthening Microsoft's role as a trusted advisor in agriculture.
* Understand and promote the technical architecture aspects of the Microsoft solutions. Work in partnership with priority specialists in the Office of the Chief Technology Officer to inform industry-aligned communities and promote prioritized solutions within the industry accounts.
* Deliver thought leadership globally. Represent Microsoft at key industry events, Microsoft external events such as Microsoft Envision, and at the Executive Briefing Center for customers and partners. Author blogs, whote papers, etc. leverage social media and networks to promote MSFT"s leadership in the industry.
* Drive community leadership with ATU and Industry sales and regional roles. Provide Industry, account, and deals coaching, and guidance.