Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is conver...
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.What You'll Do
Cisco PSIRT (Product Security Incident Response Team) seeks an Incident Manager. As a PSIRT, you are responsible for the management and resolution of product security vulnerabilities involving all Cisco products.Some of the core job responsibilities include:
Who You'll Work With
- Taking ownership of and managing inbound reports of security vulnerabilities, engaging directly with customers and internal support teams to drive issues to resolution.
- Drafting publications for the disclosure of security vulnerabilities as well as lower-severity security-impacting defects Independently solve problems in broad, complex and unique network environments with mixed media and protocols.
- Communicating status of PSIRT involvement at all levels of management, both internal and external - Engaging external teams such as PR, Legal, etc. as required.
- Conducting and/or leading root cause analysis of vulnerabilities.
- Responding to and leading customer-impacting security events.
- Working collaboratively with experts across Cisco to troubleshoot and diagnose complex technical problems.
Cisco's Product Security and Incident Response Team (PSIRT) manages the receipt, resolution and disclosure of security vulnerabilities across Cisco's entire product line. PSIRT helps customers improve their network security through the resolution, prevention and disclosure of security vulnerabilities in Cisco products.Who You Are
You should have a track record of success, a proven work ethic, ability and desire to lead engineers and a can-do attitude. In addition, you have the following experience:
We Are Cisco
- You have an in-depth understanding of the Cisco bug resolution process and associated tools (CDETS, etc.)
- Understanding of Cisco's software release process for all products
- You are an effective communicator regardless of audience or issue complexity
- You are able to assemble and lead virtual teams to resolve security incidents
- Understands roles and responsibilities of other Security Research and Operations teams, such as CA, CDO and how to best leverage their skills in the resolution of security incidents
- You have experience performing network troubleshooting, including the use of various diagnostic tools such as sniffers, packet generators and test suites
- You have experience dealing with escalated, customer-facing issues (security preferred)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent industry experience and 5+ years in the networking/telecommunications field
- Understanding of responsible disclosure of security threats and product vulnerabilities
- You enjoy working collaboratively and remotely with others to accomplish goals
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
- provided by Dice