As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business deve...
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Hybrid Cloud Architect will be responsible for leading technical client engagements including architectural design of hybrid cloud solutions and execution of pilots/POCs for the journey to hybrid cloud for State Government, Local Government, and Education (SLED) clients. The ideal candidate will have experience with driving consumption of cloud-based services and technologies in the SLED market by applying broad and up-to-date technical expertise in architectural designs for hybrid cloud. Responsibilities include leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and Developers to gather detailed client requirements and propose effective cloud-based technical solutions.
* As a lead technical member of the Hybrid Cloud services team, collect, validate and vet with customers the deal-specific technical, functional, and nonfunctional requirements.
* Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a hybrid cloud roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments
* Significant experience analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies, common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
* Developing detailed recommended modernization plans for Application Portfolio in a modernized and scalable ecosystem.
* Experience in conducting solution demonstrations and/or feature-function walk-throughs with customers in a live setting.
* Apply technical and competitive insights specific to various cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, RedHat OpenShift) to understand how to design hybrid cloud solutions for leading cloud technologies that will best facilitate the client's journey to cloud.
* Cultivate and maintain relationships with business, channel, and alliance partners.
* Be a hybrid cloud evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities.
* This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Demonstrated experience working with SLED clients
* State and local governments, associated agencies
* Large educational and research clients
* 8+ years experience with cloud strategy, architecture, and design
* Experience architecting hybrid cloud technical solutions leveraging containerized software products (i.e. Red Hat Openshift)
* Must be able to lead teams to develop practical cloud-based solutions
* Hands-on experience leading large-scale applications portfolio modernization in an enterprise-wide environment (including migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud)
* Experience developing technical solution proposals, including cost estimates, draft deployment timelines, and technical/operational dependencies
* Strong understanding of the public cloud platform landscape, including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Previous Bid Consulting Experience
* Technical certification with one or more of the following cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, Red Hat Openshift Platform and/or Google Cloud Platform
* Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers.