Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's digital future is our business, and you will be at the center of this innovation. As a Hybrid Designer assigned to the design system team, you will be part of a highly talented, high performing, cross-disciplinary team that is researching, rethinking, inventing, designing, building, and evolving IBM's digital experiences.
Who You Are...
You are a true Hybrid Designer who is passionate about your work that spans across the end-to-end user journey of visual, UI and UX design. Possessing a solid visual design background with strong typography, colors, grid system and layout, you also find delight in empathizing with and learning from users. Your portfolio displays a solid understanding of design research, user experience or visual design principles; and above all, you are excited about creating experiences that will help users solve their problems in a delightful way.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Provide visual expertise to UX wireframes in a multidisciplinary squad
* Work with discipline leads to strategize and plan
* Present designs solutions to team members, product owners and stakeholders - Gather feedback and iterate
* Document specs, prepare assets and work with the development team to implement new designs
* Author and publish guidelines about components and patterns on the design system site
* Provide domain expertise in visual design to the team and product owner in support of decision making
IBM's digital future is our business. We ask if there are different ways to help our customers, more modern, more delightful, more innovative, and simply better. We're hiring....JOIN US
#xd #prototype #agile #figma #flinto #InVision #scrum #Sketch # #UX #UI # #standup
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 5+ years of experience in multiple areas of design including UX, UI, branding or editorial in which proficiency in typography, color theory, and layout were demonstrated
* Solid training and understanding of interaction design, user-centric design and user experience design
* Demonstration of delivering exceptional user-centered outcomes to market through innovative out-of-box designs
* Proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, inVision and Adobe Creative Suite
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* 2+ years of professional experience in an enterprise design role
* 2+ years of experience using brand standards and design systems, including accessibility and globalization
* Successful track record participating in interdisciplinary teams informed by stakeholder and user inputs