Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructu...
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement, and corporate advisory services.
The Healthcare Industry Group (HIG), a subsidiary of A&M, is an established leader known for delivering tangible results for healthcare c-suite executives, boards, private equity firms, investors, law firms, and government agencies facing complex challenges. A&M's HIG practice has a deep focus on the Healthcare industry across all sectors including, Health Systems, Health Plans and Managed Care, Healthcare Services and Life Sciences, Bio-Pharmaceutical, and Medical Technology. We are at the forefront of delivering transformational change to the healthcare industry. Our professionals advise our clients on performance improvement by assessing all aspects of their operations and technology to provide comprehensive services, including conducting process reviews, analyzing financial information, identifying key business drivers, and managing risk and compliance issues.
Our lean, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients while living our core values of integrity, quality, fun, objectivity, and personal reward. A&M is a firm that values results-oriented leadership and strong people skills. We put a premium on world-class individuals with the right experience who can deliver the most value. Additionally, we provide frequent opportunities to take on higher responsibility and always support employees in professional development. At A&M, you will work alongside world-class consultants and former industry executives to deliver gold standard work for our clients. A successful candidate will enjoy an environment that emphasizes entrepreneurship and minimal hierarchy and bureaucracy.
The Technology Advisory and Transformation group in Healthcare Industry Group (HIG) is growing our practice. We are seeking individuals with top-tier consulting and healthcare industry operator experience at the Associate and Senior Associate levels.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Associate or Associate, you will work closely with healthcare clients on a range of complex assignments, You will work in a team environment while using your independent judgment and critical things skills to gather data, frame situations, and provide practical solutions to add value based on clients needs. You will work with senior executive clients on business-driven technology transformations. You will work as a consultative partner to our clients you will execute day-to-day operations and relationships, ensure exceptional team performance and ensure deliverables effectively align to clients' priorities.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with a bias toward action and a track record of delivering meaningful results. Our ideal candidates will have:
* Understanding of technologies (digital strategy, transformation, IT infrastructure & architecture, IoT, AI/machine learning, robotics, cloud, big data and analytics, cybersecurity, blockchain, agile, and DevOps)
* Complex project management of technology initiatives aligned to business strategies
* Large transformational technology projects that resulted in a significant reduction of technology spend, improved business performance, or the introduction of new technologies and capabilities
* Transformation of IT operations including Leveraging as-a-service platforms, Transitioning to cloud-based infrastructures, Rationalization of applications, Automation of IT Service Management processes, Adoption of DevOps best practices
* Distressed technology program remediation
* IT merger and acquisition integration, divestiture and carve-out
* IT assessment and strategy development
* Selecting and managing third-party software, hardware, or services providers
Project and Communication Skills
* Ability to build consensus with clients, effectively guide clients, and buy-in to support change
* Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues
* Determine client needs by adding innovative approaches to standard assessment techniques
* Evaluate and validate the analysis and develop recommendations for clients
* Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables
* Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development
* Ability to handle multiple, and often conflicting, priorities at one time
* The high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling client information
* Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills, including presentation skills
* A willingness to travel for project work depending on account and project
* Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate diplomatically and maintain composure under deadline pressure
* Demonstrated leadership ability; Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Education & Experience
* A minimum of three years of prior advisory experience from a top-tier strategy firm or within management consultancy or a minimum of five-plus years of previous experience in the healthcare industry and/or a healthcare-related business including disruptive HealthTech, Government health experience like CMS, Veteran Affairs, etc.
* Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in a related field, Computer Science/Business Information Systems or business degree preferred. (Relevant Technical certification plus)
How will you grow and be supported?
As an Associate or Senior Associate within the Healthcare Group, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level by gaining invaluable industry experience while enhancing and expanding your skillsets. As a leader within our team, you will collaborate with many experienced professionals and will provide developmental feedback and growth opportunities.
We work with each of our employees to develop a customized career development plan to ensure you are matched with professional development opportunities that meet your unique needs and accelerate your development. We offer a variety of live and virtual training programs, access to best-in-class on-demand training, ongoing on-the-job coaching, a transitional coach to help you acclimate to the practice, and a partnership with a mentor who will guide you through your career.
Our Healthcare team prides itself on sustaining a culture that reflects our core values. We value integrity, quality, and objectivity in our work. We like what we do and with whom we do it. We embrace diversity, foster inclusiveness and reward merit. We encourage and support our employees and communities through ongoing investments from leadership, social and networking events, peer-to-peer networks, Employee Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and pro-bono work. We are committed to promoting an inclusive environment in which all can develop, grow, and be supported.
Alvarez & Marsal offers competitive benefits and opportunities to support your personal and professional development. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people drive our growth, and you will be provided with the best available training and development resources through formalized training and on-the-job training. Learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume. An accompanying one-page cover letter is optional should you feel it further adds to your relevant expertise, key strengths, and why working at A&M is part of your future career aspirations.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.