Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global bankin...
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast expertise.
The ICG (Institutional Clients Group) Innovation labs is a global network of innovation centers focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to Citi's Markets, Securities Services and Banking lines of business.
Our Mission is to create a competitive advantage for our clients, manifested as change in the way they operate, by providing innovative technological solutions with strong client engagement, from idea to production, and by leveraging the entrepreneurship spirit.
Our Labs Network is a global organization that spans across London, Tel Aviv, New York and various other locations globally. We focus on delivering innovative products using cutting-edge technologies in highly complex architectures and with the highest delivery standards.
The labs perform research and implementation in many advanced domains spanning across AI, Machine learning, NLP, Analytics, BlockChain and many more.
We are currently looking for an excellent leader to manage our NY lab and be part of the global network's management team. This role includes management of group and team managers, responsible for several innovation projects in critical areas of the Markets and Securities Services lines of business. The ideal candidate is a senior executive with great passion for innovation and cutting-edge technologies, who's both highly technical and business-driven, and with proven ability to deliver projects from idea to great scale.
* Lead a large research and engineering organization with responsibility for a wide range of projects and domains
* Lead innovation and incubation activities globally with the goal of finding innovative solutions with substantial impact potential on ICG
* Manage executive stakeholder audience in technology by acting as a partner, trusted advisor and operating through influence
* Lead technical processes and standards across the global innovation labs organization, related to DevOps, SDLC, EE, Production operations, ML & AI model lifecycles and more
* Define and maintain a clear prototype/POC delivery handover process from the lab to the business-aligned technology units making sure the knowledge and expertise transfer is planned and executed in timely manner
* Partner with the central engineering organization and influence the ICG technology leadership to ensure the technology development strategies are aligned
* Create new and/or support existing ICG information sharing channels - technology forums, speaker series, online posts etc. - to disseminate the gained knowledge and expertise to ICG technology, operations and business community
* market outreach: engage with external vendors and clients on technology and innovation activities
* Host tech meet-ups with technology vendors, open source community and peer tech teams from Financial services and other industries with the goal of sharing lessons learned, practical experiences
* Liaison with Citi Ventures to support its initiatives, including D10X projects, by supplying necessary expertise and resources; influence external and internal technology investment decisions
* Support the marketing structure to provide regular updates to ICG technology with latest technology/science trends - opportunities they provide, business impact and strategic industry shifts
Experience & Qualifications:
* Academic degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent. MSc or MBA - preferred
* Strong and diverse technical background. Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies, influence highly skilled engineering teams and overall have a personal impact on technology decisions and vision.
* Vast experience with cloud architectures, and specific experience with public cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, Azure
An expert level knowledge of the following technologies, included but not limited to:
* Major modern operating systems - Linux, Windows, iOS, Android
* Machine (deep) learning concepts and frameworks
* Backend runtimes - Node.JS, JVM, UWP/.NET - with focus on concurrency and performance
* Databases - RDMS, NoSQL (column bases, document base, key stores etc.), distributed databases, map/reduce based products
* Programming language designs and fluent on major functional and object oriented languages
* Networking stack and its use in low-latency application
* Cloud stack - IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, Data Lake architecture (ODL/ODC)
* Streaming platforms data flows, Serverless computing