Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startu...
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Head of Product / Only Product Manager - Betting Platform
Location: Remote (even after the pandemic)
The company's product is in the areas of blockchain, cryptocurrency, fintech, trading, and consumer. The company requires consumer product experience, and beyond that does not require any particular industry experience but candidates must have a passion for blockchain, crypto, finance, betting, and/or trading.
In this position you would be the company's Head of Product and sole Product Manager. You would be working closely with the Founder of the company, who is one of the leading figures in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
The company will pay salary of up to $190k or more (depending on experience) plus tokens of their cryptocurrency which could be lucrative.
- Being the only Product Manager for the foreseeable future.
- Being the voice of the product.
- The tech team will be the "how" and this Product Manager will be the "what." This person will figure out what to build, and the rest of the team will figure out the details of how.
- Your first focus will be to make it so the existing community loves the product and uses it a lot by optimizing product market fit. Then your focus will be on expanding the community of users into the more general crypto community by using product side marketing, and grass roots and community driven product-led marketing.
- Working closely with the Founder by having weekly meet ups with him and regular back and forth communication.
- Building the product so that it markets itself. (There is no marketing department and won't be).
- Being an advocate of the users to the tech team, creating urgency to address user issues, etc.
Time will be spent approximately as follows:
- 1/3 looking at the outside world, understanding user needs, talking to users. Figuring out what needs to be built and why.
- 1/3 designing and roadmapping the product and how it works.
- 1/3 validating the ideas, making sure the dev team is delivering what is needed.
- Passion for either crypto, finance, betting, and/or trading.
- At least 3 years (the more, the better) of a high level of success as a Product Manager on at least one consumer product.
- Ability to work well autonomously and remotely.
- Ability to think creatively when working under constaints.
- Experience with tools such as UserTesting, Kissmetrics, and Mixpanel.
- Metrics and growth driven. Ability to think about and quantify growth. Everything you do, you should be looking at the #s and asing "How did that do?"
Nice to have:
- Experience with crypto/blockchain., fintech, trading, and/or gaming.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here:
- provided by Dice