Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the lea...
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit
As Head of Engineering, you'll lead a full-stack engineering team in developing a minimum viable product (MVP) in real estate, leveraging agile methods.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee all aspects of the Engineering organization, including the technical strategy, technology blueprint, and technology stacks
- Manage the end-to-end technology execution
- Define and manage the technology landscape and blueprint for the entire solution stack.
- Work closely with lead engineers and architects to co-own the architecture and component strategy
- Actively engage in sprint planning, delivery and the management of releases
- Provide hands-on technology leadership to the engineering team
- Provide expert technical guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales and product
- Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Identify risks and opportunities for each project
- Mentor, motivate, and lead Engineering teams to support a vibrant and productive engineering culture
- Coordinate recruiting efforts across engineering units to ensure consistency and continued excellence
- Lead the organization's strategic planning process, coordinate with Product Development team to align engineering, and business priorities
- Work closely with the Product and Design Heads to clarify, estimate, and prioritize features and integrations
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders effectively
- Cultivate a high-performing, unified team culture
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 8+ years of experience of building large-scale digital products within a high growth, global, matrixed environment
- Proven track-record of building and leading a full-stack engineering team, in an early-mid stage startup environment, where product/market fit is continuing to be evaluated, re-evaluated and recalibrated
- Must be a strong engineering people-leader and highly effective communicator
- 3+ years of experience developing solution architecture and leading engineering teams at startups, innovation labs, or spin-offs for digital product development and complex (enterprise) system integration projects
- Hands-on skills in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Java/JEE preferred)
- Ability and desire to be 'on the keyboard coding' and yet also guiding the team i.e. player/coach
- Experience with building service-based architecture including use of microservices frameworks
- A consistent record of rolling out digital products following Agile methodologies and different investment models
- Must have 3 years of experience with the following:
- AWS experience including but not limited to: EKS, SageMaker, ELB, EC2, RDS, S3 etc.
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Golang, Angular
- Data Science
- Experience working with any emerging technology like Blockchain, AR/VR, IoT, AI/ML
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders effectively and create space needed for engineering team to ensure they are plugged in and yet able to execute effectively without undue distraction
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Req ID:
57087 - provided by Dice