Paystand is a hungry, fast-growing, Series-B startup with three locations! Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Sili...
Paystand is a hungry, fast-growing, Series-B startup with three locations! Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. We now have our offices in amazing and historic Guadalajara Mexico and Salt Lake City with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative "Payments as a Service" platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest growing companies in the world.
The Business and Corporate Development team works closely with senior leaders across Paystand to help accelerate the company's mission through M&A and investments, product partnerships and strategic initiatives. This small and mighty team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions, as well as shaping the company's strategy by identifying industry trends, overseeing product partnerships, and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers throughout the fintech community.
This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Paystand. If you're passionate about creating financial access and enthusiastic about leading M&A deals and other projects end-to-end, we'd love to talk to you!
Role & Responsibilities
- Working closely with Paystand's executive team and PROF (Product, Revenue, Operations, Finance) leadership to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Paystand's mission.
- Serving as a core member of one or more PROF teams to identify ways to accelerate Paystand's product portfolio through strategy development, market discovery, competitive intelligence, partner sourcing/development, and M&A.
- Playing a key role in building and maintaining the overall deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new corporate development opportunities.
- Leading the end-to-end deal M&A process from strategy development and business case modeling to deal negotiation and due diligence to cross-functional integration.
- Establish key strategies & modeling for outsized organic & inorganic growth opportunities for the business
- Building and refining scalable processes and best practices for Paystand's Business and Corporate Development function.
- Developing strong relationships with Paystand's executives, advisors, entrepreneurs and investors across the fintech ecosystem.
- Prior experience in corporate development or venture capital + operating experience.
- Relevant experience leading M&A and/or venture backed deals.
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to drive projects cross-functionally.
- Prior experience working closely with product and engineering functions.
- Experience at a leading technology company or fintech startup.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, CS/Engineering or related field; Masters preferred.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation. Work hard and recharge when you need to.
- Paid company holidays.
- Competitive stock option package.
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Your own Macbook
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Availability - Bay area/Scotts Valley, CA. Salt Lake City area, UT. Guadalajara, MX.
**No recruiters please. Not a remote position. Only English resumes will be considered.**