Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed ...
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is seeking a Senior Director within its Global Regulatory Relations (GRR) team to support PayPal's newly created Blockchain Crypto and Digital Currencies (BCDC) business unit. This Sr. Director reports to the VP, Head of Global Regulatory Relations and will provide seasoned leadership and judgment in partnering with key PayPal stakeholders. This Sr. Director will have primary responsibility in coordinating strategic opportunities and ongoing relationship advancement with PayPal's regulators in furtherance of its blockchain and digital currency business objectives.
* Drive development and execution of global strategy to strengthen PayPal's credibility with regulators as a thought leader in blockchain and digital currency
* Identify opportunities for regulatory partnership to promote responsible blockchain and digital currency innovation and regulation development
* Maintain a working knowledge of blockchain and digital currency trends and related changes in the global regulatory landscape
* Partner with Legal and the Global Regulatory Relations Licensing teams to develop digital currency licensing strategies that optimize the regulatory frameworks to which PayPal may be subject
* Establish and maintain ongoing participation with relevant blockchain and digital currency industry / regulatory forums
* Coordinate, support and provide guidance to cross-functional PayPal stakeholders in addressing ad hoc regulator inquiries related to blockchain and digital currency
* Partner with the Government Relations team to monitor prospective changes in blockchain and digital currency regulations and potential impact
* Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders to facilitate timely communication to regulator and regulator-adjacent bodies on noteworthy events relating to PayPal and its blockchain and digital currency activities such as: media, product launches / changes, and mergers and acquisitions
* Coordinate, draft, and review written communications to regulatory bodies on blockchain and digital currency matters, as appropriate
* Analyze sources of regulatory feedback on an ongoing basis, including regulatory communications, inquiries, and exam findings, to identify and prioritize potential areas of material regulatory risk or opportunity relating to blockchain and digital currency and drive corresponding changes to regulator engagement strategies
Requisite Qualifications and Experiences:
* Bachelor's degree required with 15 years or equivalent experience
* 10+ years compliance experience in the financial services industry and/or with fintech companies
* Experience with a cryptocurrency exchange is a plus
* Intellectual curiosity and excitement regarding developments in blockchain and digital currency
* Proven track record of effective communication with regulatory agencies
* General knowledge of blockchain and digital currency technology
* Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change.
* Ability to identify dependencies and leverage multiple sources of information simultaneously
* Solid critical, creative, and analytical thinking, decision making and innovative problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong reputation for integrity and ability to balance business partnership with the need to exercise independence judgment and to raise issues in a timely and constructive manner
* Proven ability to develop strong relationships and consensus building with various stakeholders, including senior and executive management
* High energy and a desire to work in a result- and team-oriented, rapid growth environment
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment
New York, New York, United States of America
Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Jose, Washington DC
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .