Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a mi...
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Responsibilities for this Position
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
The responsibility is career-defining. So is the opportunity. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we invent the technologies, products and services, that help our nation's heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, our teams regularly redefine innovation and excellence for the world. If you're looking for a challenge, you've just found it.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an immediate opening for a Hardware Test Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The Hardware Test Engineer will primarily perform hardware integration and test of highly complex, highly-reliable spaceflight payload electronics. The Hardware Test Engineer will also perform alignment, testing, problem troubleshooting, data analysis, and technical evaluation of Digital and RF modules, along with systems level testing.
- Participate in the planning of technical approaches, resources, schedule, budget and equipment required for testing and evaluating new systems, products and special devices
- Conduct tests to evaluate hardware performance and execute to the test plan
- Understand complex test systems using schematics and wiring diagrams
- Understand test requirements and develop procedures
- Operate special test equipment (STE) console and direct a team of technicians to execute test processes.
- Lead technical tasks for small teams or projects
- Analyze and review data to ensure that hardware is operating as expected utilizing numerical data analysis tools to interpret test results
- Coordinate with the design engineers to highlight problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Create the software tools to further enhance post-test data analysis
- Provide reports and document test results - presentation of test data to peers and customers required
- Frequent contact with managers within and outside of Engineering, along with regular communication with the Customer
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly proficient use and understanding of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Strong background in electrical test techniques
- Knowledgeable use of test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and signal generators
#CB Company Overview
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran