Filament is an award-winning, embedded blockchain security firm with success turning ideas into first-of-a-kind, industrial ...
Filament is an award-winning, embedded blockchain security firm with success turning ideas into first-of-a-kind, industrial technology products for tier-one global and Fortune 100 companies. Our world-class designers, engineers, scientists, and manufacturing experts translate complex problems into compelling, simple solutions that deliver trust, cost savings and reliability to a customer.
- Within the first 30 days (and in collaboration with hardware, software and firmware engineers), design, develop, deliver, and oversee test plans, procedures and schedules to verify and validate designs and qualify manufacturing processes for Filament's current products.
- Within the first 90 days, execute test cases for current product. Analyze test results, identify high risk areas, and author design verification test reports.
- Collaborate with the Hardware Engineering Team to monitor defects, resolve issues, and improve unit test results by 50%. Deliver current product launch by the scheduled date.
- Provide training and ongoing support to production test technicians throughout the year.
- Agree with the Hardware Engineering Manager key automated hardware test engineering metrics within 30 days of starting and meet or exceed metrics month over month.
- Monitor and discuss progress against key metrics with the Hardware Engineering Manager weekly, and adjust processes as necessary.
- Actively participate in weekly risk analysis to help determine the correct priority order for test execution.
- Act as a key member of the Hardware Engineering team and test hardware according to the set schedule, achieving on-schedule delivery 90% of the time.
- Ensure a focus on continuous improvement, striving for sustained superior products measured by unit tests, integration tests, and on-schedule delivery. In collaboration with Hardware Engineering Team, troubleshoot and address bugs within 10 business days of identification.
- Support the Hardware Engineering Manager to improve Filament's products and services by providing frequent and thorough information on hardware engineering opportunities and threats that can help to drive the overall company strategy.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across Filament's functions to communicate challenges and solutions, build trust, and produce best in class hardware engineering solutions. Adopt a metrics-driven but collaborative approach that prioritizes meeting Filament's strategic goals.
- Be a positive team member. Offer innovative ideas and solutions, and encourage others to share theirs with the wider team.
- Identify 3 to 5 professional development goals that align with key company objectives, and design a plan for making progress against the same within the first month of being hired.
- Review progress against professional development goals quarterly.
- Communicate effectively in one-on-one, small and large groups, and/or among diverse styles and position levels.
- Instill trust through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Be responsive and follow through. Do what you say you will do.
- Collaborate and build partnerships with others to meet shared objectives.
- Have a growth mindset and actively learn through experimentation. Embrace challenge and learn from failures.
- BS, MS or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering required and/or 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or C/C++.
- Demonstrates strong design and/or test skills.
- Demonstrates managing through ambiguity and technical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Hands-on experience in the development of high-volume consumer electronic product is desired.
- Demonstrated ownership of multiple sub-systems and/or a complete simple product
- This position is with our Hardware Development Team. Given the nature of some of the hands-on skills needed, we will be asking candidates to demonstrate specific re-work skills required for this position. Specifically, the candidate should be able to perform wire wrapping and soldering of 0402 SMDs.
- provided by Dice Hardware Test Engineer