Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in...
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes tobe a leader.
GT Labs Chief of Staff (CoS), Manager
GTLabs is an exciting new venture that has been established within Grant Thorntonwith a simple set of objectives:
* Develop,design, and deliver leading-edge tech solutions that serve the needs of ourcolleagues, clients, and constituencies
* Providethought-leadership in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning,Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Robotics, IoT, Data Science, and a host offrontier-technologies
The Chief of Staff is a critical role forenabling the GT Labs leadership team to work effectively with internal andexternal stakeholders and fulfill commitments to Grant Thornton colleagues,clients, and partners. This role requires a highly resourceful individual withstrong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong analytical andconnectedness skills. TheChief of Staff role is an exempt full time role.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Support the Managing Director with calendaring, travel coordination,expenses, and general clerical and administrative requirements
* Coordinate,manage, and track the simultaneous delivery of several large and highly complexprojects, while coordinating with multiple internal constituencies, experts,and external partners
* Coordinate all project management activities, resources, equipment andinformation
* Workdirectly with colleagues and clients to identify and define projectrequirements, scope and objectives
* Track task performanceof internal- and external-team members and assist with schedule management
* Assist in preparationfor, and facilitation of, priority meetings and daily matters (e.g. meetingswith firm Senior Leadership team/peers, peer to peer, daily matters, etc.).
* Coordinate logistics with event-coordinators and manage alldetails pertaining to speaking engagements for Leadership team membersPlan,coordinate and set up meetings, special events, teleconferences, and videoconferences
* Communicate(verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with alllevels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portrayingknowledge and confidence
* The CoS is accountable to ensure matters requiring attentionare attended to in a timely manner to ensure an exceptional level of clientservice. The responsibility requires management of logistics and prioritieswithin the Managing Director's broader areas of focus.
The ideal candidate will be:
* Highly collaborative and action-oriented with excellent project management skills
* ProjectManagement experience (preferably Agile/Scrum) as well asexperience coordinating the simultaneous delivery of several(~12) large and highly complex projects, while coordinating with multipleinternal constituencies, experts, and external partners.
* A skillful communicator; articulate, well-spoken - and possessing exceptional writing skills.
* Able to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, fluid, deadline-driven organization where priorities may shift.
* Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects with pressing deadlines.
* Highly collaborative and action-oriented with excellent project management skills.
* Able to take on other duties as assigned
* 5 yearsof related work experience
* Bachelor'sdegree require
* Technicallyminded (an ability to code, or an interest in computers and technology)
* Advancedskill level with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel,PowerPoint, and at least one Project Management application
* Apropensity for discretion, integrity, responsiveness, sound judgment, and attentionto detail
* Abilityto travel on short notice
GrantThornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers anextensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) isthe U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world'sleading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. GrantThornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices acrossthe U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United Statesand at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- andprivately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, andcivic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer andindustrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, andtechnology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursuegrowth holistically - whether through revenue improvement, leadership, missionfulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employmentopportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting,hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are madewithout regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status,veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicablefederal, state or local law.