From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit servi...
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Ernst & Young LLP's (EY) US Government and Public Sector (GPS) practice is a robust and emerging practice with tremendous potential for growth - and we are prepared to tap into that potential. Our US GPS practice combines an understanding of the public sector's diverse needs, focused on delivering improved public services, with private sector leading practices. We respond to our client's issues by bringing together highly skilled professionals across Advisory, Assurance, Tax and Transaction Advisory services. This integrated approach facilitates multidimensional support and flexibility to meet our clients changing needs.
We are seeing tremendous growth within the GPS team and there is a great need for rising leaders. Unprecedented challenges require us to be connected, responsive and insightful. Are you ready to join our team and help build a better working world?
Your key responsibilities
We'll look to you to interact directly with the customer, stakeholders, and subject matter resources to coordinate, validate and socialize in one or more areas of technology transformation. Your responsibilities will also include to manage, assess and implement changes to the related deliverables. You can expect to help our clients with technology-enabled transformation to achieve their business objectives. In return, you can expect to learn leading practices in technology transformation and delivery and be exposed to a wide variety of business issues solved using technology. We're also looking for you to act as a role model for EY's core values and maintain and expand client relationships through the delivery of high quality work.
Skills and attributes for Success
* Strong leadership skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships
* Ability to create innovative insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership
* Anticipate and identify risks, and escalate any issues as appropriate
* Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff; help create a positive learning culture
* Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
To qualify for the role, you must have
* A bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, electrical, electronic, chemical, industrial, mechanical, aeronautical, or computer science) and approximately 5-10 years of related work experience
* Experience in two or more of the technology transformation areas i.e. IT Strategy, Enterprise Architecture (EA), system implementation support services, infrastructure strategy and planning, IT Service Management, and Technology Business Management.
* Experience executing project plans on large, complex engagements from analysis through implementation, preferably as a workstream lead supervising junior staff
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance or higher, which will be driven by the engagement requirements
* The EY Government and Public Sector Practice's staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
* Proximity to the Washington D.C. Metro area
Ideally, you'll also have
* Knowledge of one of the upcoming technologies e.g. Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
* Experience in Cloud Technologies, DevOps, Agile, and Project Management
* Federal or DoD experience
* Secret Clearance or higher
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated, talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box and continue to learn. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
* The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
* Strategic mobility experiences and opportunities for top talent, based on critical business needs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.