General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to ea...
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The Global Sourcing Digitization Manager is responsible for leading the development of a technology and digitization strategy for the General Mills Global Sourcing function. Important in this development will be close partnership with internal resources across Global Business Solutions (GBS), the broader Supply Chain and with industry partners. This position will be responsible for developing an understanding of current and emerging technologies and assessing their application to General Mills and Sourcing/Procurement. The role will also guide testing and implementation of identified technologies in partnership with GBS and Category Management Teams. This role is a critical enabler for Sourcing's Global Transformation and savings commitments to the enterprise. This position reports to the Director of Global Sourcing Operations and Capabilities and supports the Sourcing buyers and region teams.
* Develop a holistic technology and digitization strategy for global sourcing
* Benchmark and track emerging technologies; develop partnerships with peers, industry leaders and cross functional partners.
* Partner to implement with near-term technologies: RPA, Automated Workflow, Alerting, Chat-bots, Data Science, Collaboration
* Pilot to learn with future technologies: Blockchain, AI, Cognitive Analytics, Price Forecasting
* Engage differentially with our Information Technology teams to align roadmaps and implement Sourcing strategy
* Accelerate global data strategy to support improved governance, application and connection across the enterprise
* Expected travel: 10-15%
* Bachelor's degree required. Preferred: Supply Chain Management or IT (any concentrations e.g. Data Science, Analytics, etc.)
* 5+ years of Supply Chain or IT experience; Sourcing Experience preferred.
* Fluency in English with the ability to work in a multi-lingual environment
* Project management experience
* Ability to set direction and effectively influence others to drive results without direct reporting relationships
* Thrives in ambiguity and times of significant change
* Proven track record of strong collaboration skills across distance and difference
* Strong skills in analysis and creative problem solving.
* Demonstrated strong expertise in core functional capabilities within Supply Chain or IT
* Strong active listening skills and ability to build trust quickly in a global, virtual environment.
* Demonstrated ability to build relationships within and across functions, and externally to influence and enable collaborative decision-making and business results
* Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively respond to critical stakeholder dynamics
* Demonstrated high learning agility and cultural agility in a fast-paced environment
* Experience coaching others to leverage and adhere to standards in order to produce consistent, repeatable results
* Ability to align processes across organizational boundaries and the total value stream
* Experience identifying and removing barriers that prevent teams from achieving zero loss.
* Strong experience anticipating and be prepared to respond to changes in the business environment
* Demonstrated comfort with taking well-considered risk
* Ability to take a broad perspective and be mindful of global implications when considering possibilities and implications for the business
* Ability to set priorities based on an understanding of consumer, customer, and competitive landscapes
* Experience driving results through others within a dynamic, global organization
* Experience working globally with variety of stakeholders with differing needs and agendas
* Previous experience within this category
* Risk Management experience
* Fluency in additional languages beyond English
- provided by Dice Analysis, Automated, Benchmark, Development, Director, Epic, Manager, Management, Project, Project Management, Risk Management, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Testing