The Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between the fine-tuning the details and evaluating 30,000 foot view of our business. Our j...
The Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between the fine-tuning the details and evaluating 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we're being fiscally responsible.
The Global Payroll Manager is a key role within our Finance team, with a strong dotted line relationship to the People team. They will build and lead the global payroll function to deliver world class payroll support and services to our employees. This person will also drive payroll transformation as we look to standardize, streamline and automate the global payroll as we grow and scale rapidly. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced global environments with a strong collaborative style and bias to employee experience.
In one year you'll know you were successful if you…
A background like this helps
- Create scalable global (currently in 8 countries and growing) payroll strategies, processes and infrastructure, refining current payroll operations to streamline and automate processes to ensure consistency, accuracy, and best-in-class services
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of the global payroll, payroll funding, tax filing on a pay period and ongoing basis
- Build, lead, develop and mentor an international payroll team
- Partner closely with internal partners (Global Talent, Finance, IT, People team) to deliver an outstanding onboarding and pay experience for our employees
- Lead payroll development and implementation process for new countries or entities, as needed
- Keep up to day on local regulations and requirements to provide regional expertise on taxation, stock compensation queries, and partnering with payroll consultants to implement
- Manage and direct the end-to-end processes for the company's pay-related activities, including sourcing, onboarding, offboarding and managing third-party payroll providers
- Build and maintain employee confidence and trust by setting up process for promptly responding to requests, developing clear communications, and protecting the confidentiality of payroll operations
- Manage the operational aspects of the payroll function including vendor invoices, service level agreements, vendor contracts, etc.
- Operate with a strategic mindset of continuous performance improvement to streamline and automate as opportunities arise
- Several years of hands-on experience in global payroll
- Strong knowledge and experience with US labor law, tax and compliance as well as all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, and DOL/FLSA requirements, as well as local compliance outside of US, including Americas, Europe and Asia
- Global Payroll Management Certificate or CIPP preferred
- Deep knowledge and experience with payroll vendors and platform technologies (ADP and Papaya Global experience is a strong plus)
- Experience in leading payroll transformation projects or in leading Payroll implementation projects
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we're ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women's Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant's Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can't wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.