Members of the VMware global government relations team work at all levels of government connected to a sophisticated and c...
Members of the VMware global government relations team work at all levels of government connected to a sophisticated and competitive business context. We contribute to the success of the Company and the personal development of our greater legal team members.
Our team practices a collaborative, creative, results-oriented approach. We are committed to business enablement, and to pushing innovation in everything as we look at our work and potential outcomes. The collegial and collaborative work environment of our dynamic team leads to rewarding professional relationships for team members. Legal team members are also able to work with and advise Company executives, who share a high-level of intellect, confidence and professionalism.
This team members handles, prioritizes, and follows through on numerous projects at a time. This provides excellent opportunities to learn the many aspects of our business and is a great opportunity to work on a wide breadth of interesting and challenging matters with other highly motivated, top-performing professionals, at a fun, dynamic and fast paced company.
Job Role & Responsibility
You will be responsible for creating a coherent and executable strategy to assist VMware global policy goals with an emphasis on federal policy. The goals of our team are to impact the business and expand VMware's thought leadership and influence in IT policy, including cybersecurity, IoT, telecom, blockchain, and other items impacting goals and translating policy impact for executive management. The policy lead will include monitoring and influencing policies that impact VMware's products as well as VMware's IT implementation. The commercial policy lead will identify and assess current and emerging opportunities within a key set of IT policy priorities that will focus on policies that impact VMware's commercial business.The commercial policy lead will assist the government relations team by effectively educating government policymakers on these issues as related to VMware's business goals, and translating policy impact for VMware executive management.
* Government Relations: You will develop a strategy to best position VMware's business priorities while partnering with the internal team and other consultants. This also includes managing outside consultants and/or lobbyists and staffing appropriate opportunities with trade associations
* IT Policy Development: You'll develop and lead our efforts in cybersecurity, Internet of Things (IoT), telecommunications, and IT policy. Working in concert with the Procurement Policy Lead and other team members you will find opportunities and build key relationships with decision makers
* Policy Advocacy: Advocate on all levels of the federal government including Congressional offices on both sides of the political spectrum, as well as Administrative departments and agencies. The policy agenda will need to contemplate IT issues that relate to data protection, data sovereignty and security, network configuration, privacy, patents and IP protection, and other policy related to global VMware business.
* Global Support: You will facilitate high-level meetings between VMware executives, sales representatives, and key partners. This includes policymakers, administration, regulatory agencies and industry associations to promote and advocate the company's objectives Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams, trade associations, and other memberships and influencers.
* Recognize and understand IT issues from a global perspective. Experience in advocacy and policy development pertaining to global IT issues
* 5 to 10 years of demonstrated experience in a combination of roles including working on cybersecurity and IT policy inside government (e.g. Administration/Congress), corporate government relations, and/or with an association
* Positive relationships with key policy and decision makers on cybersecurity and related areas
* Strong oral and written skills and preference working in a fast-paced, team setting
* Bachelor's degree,
* Willingness and interest to have the flexibility to work in developed foreign countries
* Masters or graduate degree