Boston, USACircle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping p...
Boston, USACircle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value. We ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces. The Global Controller is responsible for managing Circle s accounting, financial reporting and internal controls across all global entities. In this role, you will partner with executive and functional leadership to provide both strategic and tactical finance-based decision support.
What you'll work on
- Lead the accounting operations, including the standardization of policies and procedures over financial reporting within each geographic region, entity and product
- Manage subsidiary-level external accountants on monthly/quarterly consolidation process including cash management, expense accruals, intercompany adjustments and elimination entries
- Oversee the development, integrity and delivery of financial statements and other financial reports for submission to leadership and Board of Directors
- Drive the preparation and completion of audited, consolidated, financial results
- Manage process, accuracy and compliance and provide technical guidance across Circle including the communication of new rules, regulatory GAAP and IFRS accounting policies and SEC and financial reporting
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes by coordinating all external and internal information requests and disclosures
- Ensure compliance with US and foreign accounting laws, regulations and procedures at entity and business function levels
- Provide leadership across all accounting operations including technical accounting, reconciliations, closing processes, financial systems maintenance, and general ledger data integrity
- Ensure strong routines and controls across the business and champion all SOX initiatives
- Manage annual audits and quarterly reviews, as key liaison with external audit firm
- Lead and engage a global team, develop future financial talent through training and mentoring of individuals
What you'll bring to Circle
- CPA with 15+ years of accounting experience in the technology sector, including experience overseeing a global operation
- Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to leverage ERP functionalities for effective controls and efficient processes
- Committed to integrity, accountability, transparency and rigor in driving accounting processes and controls
- Expert in US and foreign accounting laws, regulations and procedures including GAAP and IFRS accounting principles
- Ability to clearly articulate accounting concepts, facilitating consensus and adoption of policies, processes and accounting practices
- Demonstrated experience as an effective leader in an ambiguous and frequently evolving environment
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong. Check us out at circle. com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today. We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice.