Our international footprint will give you access to unique intelligence and decades of experience. And by joining our Anti-Money Laundering ...
Our international footprint will give you access to unique intelligence and decades of experience. And by joining our Anti-Money Laundering team - one of the most international areas at Citi - you will touch every aspect of the company and make critical decisions for our clients, for your career, for every employee, and for the business.
The Compl AML Intel Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
* Analyze and proactively identify risks and new AML concerns. Review recent news, court documents, and public/private sector white papers.
* Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets; review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
* Gather raw data from prior AML Investigations, subpoenas, and prior escalations to detect trends and "connect the dots" amongst disparate data sets. Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports; present data in charts, graphs, tables, design and develop relational databases for collecting data and building or designing data input/data collection screens.
* Identify and research high risk areas / typologies and trigger events for risk severity and sensitivity evaluation.
* Work collaboratively to analyze and review typologies to establish review processes.
* Utilize pertinent information to write clear and concise summary on the findings of the investigation to advise senior management on next steps.
* Make recommendations to senior management on next course of action - either relationship retention or termination and, when warranted, prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
* AML Certification
* 6-10 years prior work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML
* Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The Global Financial Crimes Investigations and Intelligence's (GFCII) mission is to create an integrated approach to the prevention and detection of financial crime by identifying vulnerabilities and mitigating risks to the bank. Provide appropriate feedback through strategic analysis and leverage synergies across functions to create a holistic view of financial crimes.
The Global Financial Crimes Investigations and Intelligence unit's expanded mission (e.g., Cyber Crime, AB&C, Sanctions, AML, Fraud, Cryptocurrency), high-risk geographies and integrated Cyber Crime/Data Intelligence Function will require a synchronized operational approach across the Financial Crimes umbrella.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for coordinating complex multi-region, multi-country and multi-business cases. In this capacity, they will provide leadership and direction to relevant GFCII regional offices as they initiate focused investigations concerning significant AML risks. This position is also responsible for conducting global meetings to leverage individual findings and prepare consolidated findings in support of final recommendations.
Requirements of this position include the ability to proactively identify and mitigate significant global financial crimes risk through the creation of Special Initiatives designed to capture Citi exposure from significant external events to include terror attacks and public corruption. The position requires the technical ability to data mine and apply analytical tools on large amounts of data to develop a customer base that may present risk to the bank. The Senior Analyst has oversight of the analysts conducting the multiple investigations generated by the initiative and is required to provide critical support throughout the life of the initiative, therefore becoming a de facto manager for the project. The collection of metrics in preparation of feedback to regulators, senior management and relevant stakeholders is required.
In addition to executing BAU work within the GFCII's portfolio, this role may require assignment to the Consortium, formed under the provisions of 314 b of the Patriot act, to work high priority cases in collaboration with member financial institutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Play a critical Global Coordination role by continuously engaging with the regional teams to ensure a timely case progression, disposition, escalation, closure and feedback.
* Spearhead strategic initiatives on process restructuring and/or productivity enhancements by engaging with internal and external stakeholders globally.
* Responsible to lead and/or respond to high priority matters involving significant events/negative news initiated by AML Legal, Law Enforcement and Senior Management and above.
* Assist their Team Leads by providing day-to-day supervision, oversight and guidance to their respective group in the absence of, or at the direction of their Team Lead.
* Act as a mentor to more junior team members globally and ensure a consistent understanding of GFCII's policies and procedures and strategic direction.