Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trad...
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC's, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - Fullstack Engineer
Genesis Trading is seeking a highly motivated Fullstack Engineer with experience building API interfaces and database systems to support low-latency trading platforms. Experience developing software in a capital markets environment, preferably relating to digital currency or foreign exchange trading, is required. The Fullstack Engineer will focus on creating robust and highly performant tooling to support our trading, post-trade, and position management workflows. Proficiency in Python and SQL is essential, and experience integrating APIs using front-end frameworks such as React or Vue is a plus.
- Develop and maintain trading API interfaces and databases
- Develop and integrate automated unit tests for software developed
- Review and recommend architectural improvements
- Participate in design sessions with development team
- Troubleshoot production impacting issues providing timely solutions
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area (M.S. degree preferred)
- 3+ years development experience in digital currencies, FX, or other capital markets environment
- Strong knowledge of REST API development in Python
- Familiarity with relational database design principles and advanced knowledge of Postgres
- Strong proficiency in SQL and report building
- Experience with web sockets
- Knowledge of a modern frontend framework such as react.js, angular.js, vue.js
- Experience with version control such as Git
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.Accelerating Momentum
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growthDiversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we're trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.