Banyan is a San Francisco-based fintech startup. Our software helps green energy infrastructure participants (lenders, borrowers, and projec...
Banyan is a San Francisco-based fintech startup. Our software helps green energy infrastructure participants (lenders, borrowers, and project owners) monitor their projects, assess risk, and better deploy and leverage capital. Our team is small but passionate about both fintech and green energy.
We're searching for fellow mission driven engineers to join our tightly knit team as Senior Full Stack Developers. In this role, you'll be a key part of the team developing our innovative project finance solution. You'll implement greenfield new features while helping our team overcome the challenges of tech debt, scalability, and performance. You'll utilize your Agile process chops to make sure we deliver fast, deliver iteratively, and deliver quality.
- Plan, design, implement, and test new features from conceptual epics and customer business requirements
- Work closely in teams with product managers and other developers, including collaborative design, pair programming, and code reviews
- Build financial and cleantech subject matter expertise to help drive engineering decisions and contribute to the company's long term strategy
- Make build vs buy and other architectural decisions to maximize the impact of yourself and your team
- Support our executive and sales teams through architecture briefings, demo setup and execution, and data modeling
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5+ years experience with both front-end and back-end exposure
- Strong back-end programming experience, bonus points for Java, Kotlin, or Haskell
- Great communication skills, including clear written skills
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to evolving technologies
- Proven ability to take complete ownership of tasks, from concept to implementation
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps based process environments
- Bonus points for expertise in blockchain, smart contract, or other fintech technologies
- Bonus points for prior experience in building interfaces to third party systems
- Bonus points for cloud technology experience (AWS, serverless, or microservice based implementations)
- Be a part of the ground floor team in a fast growing startup, work closely with the founders and executive team, and build your career
- Work on a meaningful product that will accelerate clean infrastructure deployment around the world
- Work with a diverse, international background team of smart, passionate people
- Early team member stock option grant participation
- Flexible hours, stellar health care, and unlimited vacation days
- Vibrant San Francisco office (but with current work-at-home program to protect your health)
Prior authorization to work in the United States is required; we are not able to sponsor H1B job seekers at this time.