You will be joining one of the fastest growing software companies in St. Louis and will be transforming the lives of cr...
You will be joining one of the fastest growing software companies in St. Louis and will be transforming the lives of creators such as florists and caterers with tools that have never been available in the market.
Here are our core company principles: We are always measurably growing, radically transparent, absolutely positive and empathetic.
Curate is looking for full-stack developers to contribute to rebuilding our SAAS application in a serverless architecture. In this role you'll be working with 3 - 6 other developers as a part of an Agile SCRUM team to deliver product features and enhancements within a serverless web application built on AWS.
We're looking for dynamic developers who enjoy stepping outside their comfort zone to tackle something unfamiliar. One day you could be working on a simple GraphQL API endpoint. The next you may be implementing a versioning system using blockchain technology or exploring the use of machine learning to create recommendations based on ingredient leftovers. You might spend an entire day heads-down coding, or you could be pair-programming with a co-worker over a Visual Studio Live Share session. Every day is different, but you should be able to walk away after each one knowing you made an impact in the lives of our customers.
Speaking of impact, you feed off it. Knowing you made a difference in the life of your end users drives you to do better. You're constantly looking for ways to improve quality and simplicity of the code you write because you know it not only impacts your team, but the overall stability of the system as a whole.
As a member of our team, you're expected to have a wide range of experience tackling different types of problems. You know how to get things done across the stack, but you have a niche as well. Something that when your teammates need help with a specific problem - you're the one they go to. Perhaps that's optimizing SQL, or maybe it's race conditions; whatever it is, you have a knack for and enjoy it.
Does this sound like you? Seem like a team you could be a part of? Apply and let's have a conversation! Include why you think you're a fit in your cover letter or introduction. We get a lot of applications so if you don't include a cover letter or introduction it will be likely be ignored.
- Write clear and concise code that can be easily tested and maintained.
- Troubleshoot and solve (hopefully minimal) production bugs as they arise.
- Participate in peer code reviews and provide targeted feedback.
- Test fellow team member's work to ensure proper functionality.
- Estimate effort, time, and complexity on units of work (pointing).
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Follow team and industry established best practices.
- Work directly with leadership in our growing development department.
- Learn new skills, frameworks, and technologies.
- Be involved in all aspects of development, your comfort level is your limit.
- Establish yourself as an expert in a particular domain.
Bonus Points For Experience With
- Experience with CSS pre-compilers such as SASS or LESS
- Experience creating web applications using a component-based architecture
- Expert with source control tools (Git).
- Experience breaking complex systems into smaller pieces.
- Ability to translate user stories into working production code.
- Experience using browser and IDE based debugging tools.
- Knowledge of SQL for storing and accessing data.
- AWS (S3, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, RDS, AppSync, Cognito)
- Serverless Framework
- Unlimited PTO (Seriously, we reward you for taking days off)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Team Building Exercises
- Employee Stock Options
- Work Remotely (Regional to the St. Louis, MO area)