About The Company
LibertyX and LibertyPay are rapidly expanding leaders in Bitcoin retail and "Rebittance" (Bitcoin-based remittances), res...
About The Company
LibertyX and LibertyPay are rapidly expanding leaders in Bitcoin retail and "Rebittance" (Bitcoin-based remittances), respectively.
LibertyX launched America's first Bitcoin ATM in 2014. Now we're putting "Bitcoin on every block" with over 29,000 ATMs, cashiers, and kiosks. LibertyX helps retail business owners find a way to make additional income and helps Bitcoin adoption at the same time.
LibertyPay makes remittances to Latin America faster and cheaper. We help families save money on transfer fees so more goes to their brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers.
Nic Carter, a well-respected industry thought leader, VC, and founder, has described these services as "insanely underrated."
Compensation is competitive and based on experience and market rate.
- https //
- https //castleisland.libsyn.com/kyle-powers-libertypay-on-bitcoin-powered-remittances-ep113
We built both companies (LibertyX and LibertyPay) with a single team of 3 engineers. You will learn faster, have a bigger impact, and experience more personal growth than you would at a large company. You will work closely with the same people who built both companies from scratch, which is an extremely valuable experience if you want to start your own company someday.
What we look for in you
- Designing / implementing new systems and maintaining old ones
- Communicating with stakeholders to determine requirements for new features
- Analyzing and auditing code for bugs, performance issues, and security threats
Things you should read
- Ideally you graduated from a strong engineering college with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science within the last few years
- Your friends come to you when they need help with algorithms and data structures
- You like intellectual debates, but you like building things even more
- Bitcoin A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
- The Bitcoin Standard The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
- Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy)
iOS + Android apps
- TypeScript (it's mostly ES6 -- not very strict about typing)
- Vue.js (Vuex)
- Thin wrapper around our frontend (We keep things simple, remember?)
- Native plugins to improve customer experience
- GitLab (using git, obviously)
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- ELK (Elasticseach + Logstash + Kibana)
- Grafana (StatsD + graphite + carbon-cache)
- Docker (technically podman)
- Pandas (with numpy, scipy, pysal, etc.)
- Jupyter Notebook
- Opportunity to become an expert in a new, fast-growing industry
- Help workers save more of their hard-earned money when sending to their loved ones
- Freedom and flexibility in how you get the job done
- Laid back, informal, and fun startup culture