Java Software Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation's 2 nd largest IT staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Java Software Engineer. This pers...
Java Software Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation's 2 nd largest IT staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Java Software Engineer. This person will work ion project related work, writing code from scratch.
If interested, send a resume to Josh Call, Infrastructure Recruiter, via .
Day to Day Responsibilities/typical day look like:
- Technology resource & innovation division - do a lot of prototypes in JAVA & AWS to evaluate software for future internal uses
- This group typically develops OUTSIDE so they have more freedom than those inside on technologies due to not having as many security concerns etc.
- Look to be able to develop faster and see client reactions etc. and looking more for "right tool/technology' that works best/fastest
- Will initially be doing a project inside so in a bit of a more regulated technical stack but then going back into innovation POC projects
What are the top must haves
- Mix of full-stack work with Angular/React and JAVA and AWS
- Understanding how DevOp & cloud deployment works - have DevOps teams internally but need to do the basics of containerization etc.
- JAVA (Spring-Boot framework)
- Using JAVA 8 right now but will be working in newer versions on additional projects
- AWS (EC2, IAM, S3 Buckets)
- DevOps (at least Docker containerization & Kubernetes or a flavor of it - Openshift etc.)
Education or Certification Requirements:
- Terraform or other IAC
- Blockchain knowledge (Ethereum)
- Message Queuing/Streaming experience
AWS certs are nice but not required Selling Points
Talents Needed for Success:
- Excellent exposure to multi-national support
- Stable company
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with Java (Core & EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Cloud, JMS & Kotlin)
- Extensive working knowledge blockchain platform - Ethereum, R3 Corda and ECR20 Tokens and its use in financial industry
- SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . - provided by Dice