Vanguard?s Investment Management Fintech Strategies (IMFS) Fintech Engineer is a full-stack technology role that leads and supports efforts ...
Vanguard?s Investment Management Fintech Strategies (IMFS) Fintech Engineer is a full-stack technology role that leads and supports efforts to deliver value to investment teams. IMFS seeks to explore emerging technologies that will dramatically improve investment performance and revolutionize capital markets. The team works directly with Vanguard?s investment management teams to experiment with, build, and deploy products that drive our mission. We work in a fast-paced environment that delivers meaningful impact to investment teams. Technologies that we are working with include blockchain and distributed ledger technology, AWS cloud technology (serverless architecture, etc.), data science technology related to machine learning and natural language processing, augmented and virtual reality technology, and many other technologies that enhance the capabilities of investment teams. IMFS has also broken down traditional barriers of bureaucracy that typically exist in large corporations.
As a Fintech Engineer your job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching newest trends and technologies in the fintech space.
- Continuous pursuit of developing your acumen across the appropriate technical spectrum.
- Rapid development of prototypes to prove concepts proposed by investment teams.
- Working with latest cloud technologies to efficiently deploy we applications to investment teams.
- Developing tools to enhance team productivity and deployment.
- Participation in design, code, and testing throughout the life-cycle of products.
- Building relationships with other IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed solutions.
- Working with external partners (academic, industry, and start-up) to generate ideas, test new products and data sources, and bringing those capabilities into our cloud test labs.
- Assisting data scientists with required tools and infrastructure.
- Developing and maintaining strong understanding of investment management business functions and data structures.
- Collaborating on cross-functional teams, leveraging all backgrounds and expertise, to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Providing thought leadership and expertise.
- Participation in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in computer science, computer engineering, or other STEM degrees. Graduate level degree is preferred.
- Understanding of system architecture, including data modeling techniques, OOP, and design patterns.
- Strong-written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with or desire to gain superior knowledge of financial markets and investment management is desired.
- Experience in cross-functional teams and/or start-up environments is a plus.
- Full stack development expertise is a plus
- This job,?will be located in Malvern, Pennsylvania (suburbs of Philadelphia) at Vanguard?s Global Headquarters