Full Stack Engineer
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opport...
Full Stack Engineer
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal is seeking a full stack engineer with a proven technical expertise to join its Emerging Technologies Practice. The candidate will have a good foundation with Microservices architecture and documented experience in REST, Angular, React, Typescript, Web Content Accessibility/USDS, UX, HTML5, CSS5 and SQL. Should be exposed to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture with experience developing and deploying applications on cloud platforms such as Azure/AWS. Committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products are important.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Build applications with best in class UI/UX design principles
• Work with data engineers, data scientists and cloud architects to develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
• Participate in vision workshops and create minimum viable products to get business buy-in and demonstrate ROI.
• Write technical documentation and communicate appropriate key points to all stakeholders.
• Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency cross-platform optimization.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3+ years experience as a Full Stack Engineer or similar role
• Experience with API design and implementation
Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache), and UI/UX design.
• Experience with software versioning, packaging, and deployment, e.g. Git, Artifactory, RPM, Docker, Jenkins.
• Experience with cloud native platform services on AWS and Azure
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• BS Computer Science or equivalent degree
• Must be a US citizen.
• Major cloud service provider certifications are a plus
• Experience with distributed ledger technologies: Hyperledger, Ethereum, Tendermint, etc.
• Experience with Infrastructure as code using terraform or AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM.
• Experience with React
• Experience implementing ABAC policy frameworks
• Experience on an agile scrum team
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Skills - provided by Dice