Our client builds the world's most advanced platform for complex private equity transactions. Headquartered in New York ...
Our client builds the world's most advanced platform for complex private equity transactions. Headquartered in New York City, the company platform connects fund administrators, general partners, broker-dealers, and limited partners.
They use a private, permissioned blockchain to facilitate and ledger the transaction of private and illiquid assets. The platform enhances shareholder registrar and transfer agency services, and serves to facilitate secondary market liquidity by leveraging and connecting into an ecosystem of sophisticated financial counterparties.
Their team spans a wealth of knowledge from finance and fintech, pharma, security, data, and more. They'd love to work with someone that expands how they think while helping them stay lean. It's a special time to join the team, and they hope you will.
Our client is looking to bring on several new full-time hires interested in engineering something of real service and value. They release lean, resilient code that will last through the next stage of growth. They're seeking confident and motivated people that see and hear their teammates. People that want to ship code they can be proud of and are looking for a great technical culture to refine their game. It's a rowing team, not a football team.
Their technology stack is composed of fullstack node with typescript, react, hyperledger fabric blockchain, kubernetes, helm, mongo. They operate across a multi-cloud infrastructure; expect to become familiar with AWS and IBM Cloud.
They operate onsite in NYC but are open to fully-remote candidates, especially in the wake of the COVID pandemic.
The fullstack engineering position will span their backend system and frontend workflow screens. They are taking important strides in their architecture and design patterns between the backend and frontend parts of the stack. Their culture and environment will let you stretch your skills and experience across many important areas of tech. Their team includes some great professionals, with a good culture and teamwork, and while you won't be alone you will be expected to get up to speed and take initiative. This role is open to very senior staff, or someone who has recently started; they're focused on your mastery of the skills. Their expectation is that you are low-ego, a lifelong learner, and committed to the craft.
They'd like to talk with you about the following. Depending on your level of experience, they'll expect you to know some or all of them.
* Statically typed language: they use TypeScript but experience with languages like Java or C# is welcome.
* ORMs and data models
* Completely comfortable with react, vue, or other modern FE library.
* Build components and frontend patterns in typescript.
* Exposure to good FE architecture or eager to learn.
* Database concepts and data queries
* Cloud infrastructure metaphors and admin
* The linux cli, and your tools
* Debugging, asks good tech questions
* Spec writing and tech docs
* Work sizing, and teams parallelism
**Nice to Have:**
* HOC and Component architecture
* Any blockchain experience
* Understanding of admin in a cloud environment
* Document systems
* Security or compliance.
* Fresh perspectives that product and engineering needs.
* Accepted non-trivial PR on a FOSS project.
* Work in the financial industry