Your innovation. Our impact . At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to c...
Your innovation. Our impact . At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you'll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Full Stack Engineer Lead
Location: Richmond VA or Atlanta GA
Responsible for solutioning and programming on specific application subsets of the company's' application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements, leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads efforts with digital and marketing teams to increase the presence of web and other digital products.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written. Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
- Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Reviews and monitors initiatives for end to end impact and coordination.
- Participates in review and decision making for enterprise solution
Requires a BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training; 9 or more years' experience; multi-platform experience, expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead multiple or large projects and provide troubleshooting support. Demonstrated leadership skills in both business and IT context to drive teams to achieve results. Multi-dimensional required. Multi database and/or multi language preferred. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- Experience in a technical lead or architect role
* At least one of the following - preferably both:
* Restful web services/micro services using Node.js or Java Spring
* Experience in designing secured, scalable, and maintainable applications
* Familiarity with web infrastructure including load balancers, firewalls, web servers, containers, TCP/IP, DNS
Nice to Have:
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- SOA and Microservices as well as API gateways
- Modern DevOps practices and technologies
- Big data, data science, data intelligence and analytics
- AI, Machine Learning, and Virtual Assistant, Blockchain and other emerging trends & technologies in the industry
- Agile/SAFe processes
- Automated Unit and Functional Testing
- Data warehousing and relational databases
- PII, PHI, PCI compliance and security controls
- provided by Dice