CommonLands: mission and vision
CommonLands is working to turn 1 million families into homeowners in the next five years by creating an acc...
CommonLands: mission and vision
CommonLands is working to turn 1 million families into homeowners in the next five years by creating an accessible and scalable cooperative housing program that provides homeownership for low-income families and vulnerable communities with the use of innovative technology and progressive housing models. Between homeownership barriers, decades of housing discrimination, and an exorbitant increase in real estate prices, the working class if often trapped in a never-ending renting cycle. It is known that homeownership increases generational wealth; as a result, renting households have drastically less wealth than their home-owning peers. CommonLands is committed to helping close this wealth gap by providing accessible, affordable housing on a national level to support lower-income families and vulnerable communities that currently face economic or social barriers to homeownership.
We aren't just developing a program to create accessibility to homeownership, we are also developing a community of support within our homeowners. We will supply the resources, tools, and assets needed to prioritize our community members in becoming self-sufficient, financially stable, and achieving long-term goals. We will take our profits and reinvest them in our communities by focusing on:
-Education, Guidance, and Support
-Community, Real Relationships, and Peer to Peer Transactions
-Inclusion, Trust, and Respect
Our culture is team-oriented, with a collaborative environment, prioritizing trust, communication, and competence. When hiring, we look for strong culture fits, ensuring each team member is passionate about the CommonLands vision, communities in need, an equitable society, and ready to do the work. We care deeply about everyone that works with CommonLands and make certain there is a healthy work-life balance. At its core, we are for the community, by the community, and as such will be a community-owned, community-run organization that takes a "needs-based approach" for its decision making.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions, through development of a SaaS-based app and website. You'll be part of a cross-functional team and responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. Knowledge and experience with decentralized finance and blockchain is a plus, but not required.
- Work with the founding team to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- 3+ years of experience (preferable 5-8)
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Ability to program SaaS applications
- Ideally has experience building on blockchain, and/or an understanding of decentralized finance (neither is necessary)
- Comfortable working with a small team and in a startup environment
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
-Being part of the founding team of a soon to be a national organization
-Competitive compensation and employee benefits
-Collaborative, transparent, and empowering work culture
-Flexible work time and work location
-Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
-Playing a key role in solving the US national housing crisis
-The potential to become a partner or executive team member