Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Design Technology
Design Technology is a team of designers, engineers, and researchers who blend beauty with tech to create world-class experiences for Gemini. We are inspired by creativity, fueled by data, and obsessed with simplicity.
The Role: Frontend Developer
Our front end engineers are experts at making Gemini's mission clear and accessible to our customers through intelligent development of well-designed visual elements. An ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design frameworks into code to improve both internal and user-facing applications, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and product managers to present a shared artistic vision.
This position is full-time and will report to the Frontend Engineering Manager.
This position is full-time at Gemini's working hubs in New York City, Chicago, Portland, LA, and the SF Bay Area.
* Contribute code and to understand data structures
* Learn from and share techniques with the larger group of frontend engineers
* Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Build fascinating and complex products
* Work along side a diverse group of engineers with a personal growth mindset
* Ability to work at a fast pace to design and build solutions with users in mind
* 1-3 Years of hands-on, professional software development experience building highly scalable online services
* Understanding of fullstack principles to fully understand the implementation of our backend tech on the frontend
* Ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities
* A passion for the craft of programming, taking the time to think through hard problems and using your tools to develop reliable and maintainable software
* Experience with
* Scala, Java or another JVM based languages
* Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
* Financial technology in the financial services industry, such as on exchanges or trading firms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
* Flexible vacation policy
* Retirement Plan Matching
* Generous Parental leave
* Comprehensive health plans
* Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.