Description About Citi
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all. Job Purpose
The Innovation & Digital Strategy Program is a key priority for the Markets business. The financial services industry is undergoing a technological transformation, and Citi Markets has many innovative business initiatives on this new front, across all asset classes.
The objective of the Innovation & Digital Strategy Program is to define and execute the overall digital strategy plan, promote a culture of innovation and technology across our global business, and to facilitate the implementation of related work streams.
The program encompasses all asset classes, covering initiatives led by our Front Office and O&T teams such as eTrading, Data & Analytics, Innovation Labs, Processes Digitization, Investment in Fintech, Blockchain Pilots, Innovation Dialogue with Clients, Partnerships with Academic Institutions, and promotion of our employees entrepreneurial culture and technological skills.
The Innovation & Digital Strategy VP role requires very strong skills to develop and deliver presentations to seniors, problem solving and analytical skills, entrepreneurism and innovative mindset, project management skills, and solid communication and interpersonal skills for frequent interaction with business seniors, project leads, and our staff. Knowledge of the business and technology would be an advantage, but not a requirement to apply for the role. The following are some of the specific activities expected of this role:
• Prepare presentations to senior management, and discuss the project details with internal stakeholders
• Interact with all work stream leads, track the progress of the program, identify and address issues to ensure successful execution
• Present program overview and status update to business heads and technology seniors
• Gather updates from work stream leads and prepare communication material to update all employees on progress of the program, including internal websites and newsletters, increasing employees engagement and promotion generation of new ideas
• Gather market intelligence and analyze industry trends and developments on digital strategy
• Support planning and execution of innovation conferences and events at Citi
• Manage small team of 3 junior analysts in London and India
The program has strong senior management support and presents a large opportunity for growth. The successful candidate will be able to not only have significant impact on our businesses, helping define and execute our strategy, but also to develop an in-depth knowledge of each business, get significant exposure to senior executives, and to build a strong network across our global business. Qualifications Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
• Experience with strategy development and implementation for large multinational financial institutions, involving multiple businesses
• Experience managing and tracking projects, ideally in a financial services environment and interacting with clients, and senior staff
• Creativity to design strategic frameworks, summarizing and explaining complex issues
• Ability to manage junior resources
• Experience working for strategy management consulting firms is preferred Skills and Competencies - Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of:
• Strong proficiency in PowerPoint is a must. Experience with Word and Outlook HTML emails also desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills utilizing different media, to effectively communicate with senior management
• Solid problem solving skills, with analytical and innovative mind-set
• Proactive and inquiring approach, with ability to influence stakeholders
• Project management skills to manage implementation of high-profile business projects within tight deadlines
• Interpersonal, influencing and organizational skills in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
• Strong motivation to drive change, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and conflicting priorities Qualifications:
• College/university education with an MBA or CFA is preferred. Appropriate industry experience & exceptional delivery track record is as important. Front Office Innovation & Digital Strategy Lead