What You'll Do
You will apply a variety of technologies to the security space to provide API's, provide modern visualization and potentiall...
What You'll Do
You will apply a variety of technologies to the security space to provide API's, provide modern visualization and potentially contribute to data pipeline development to enable a spectrum of organizations across Cisco.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be part of a highly empowered collaborative group who's passionate about using data to help secure Cisco, enable security products, and foster security research.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter who loves to dig into data and who your teammates trust to throw challenging problems in your direction. As a result, you help make data much easier to understand and consume for others and have managed to pivot to new technologies rapidly.
At a minimum, we expect you to have:
The following would be beneficial, but not required:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Experience developing APIs (Python, Ruby, C#, Java)
- Git and test automation
- Experience with SQL and Linux
- DevOps mindset with experience on agile team
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with containerization (specifically Docker & Kubernetes)
- UI design experience, ability to translate design into implementation
- Experience with GraphQL API development
- Experience on streaming and/or big data platform (ex. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Clickhouse)
- Security experience - OAuth, etc.
- Monitoring, alerting, instrumentation, logging (Splunk, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice