Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, brand marketing, acquisition tactics, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Freelance Writer, Security
Gemini is looking for a remote writer to join our team producing content on topics related to security for Cryptopedia (). As Freelance Security Writer, you will write and edit clear, compelling, comprehensive, and technically sound educational security articles that cover general security to crypto-specific security topics that cater to a variety of audiences. You write fluidly and make understanding complex topics easy. You will join a group of talented and dedicated freelance writers in developing educational content to be published on the Cryptopedia platform.
This is a remote position, but applicants must be able to commit at least 25 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 35 hours). Rate is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate must provide clips that demonstrate their experience in the Security field and expertise and skill in developing security related content.. Please attach four clips for us to review that demonstrate your subject matter expertise and writing skills; links and pdfs are both acceptable.
- Write, edit, proofread, structure, and fact-check security articles and revise content based on feedback from Cryptopedia editors and Gemini subject matter experts.
- Identify opportunities to improve content for style, substance, clarity, and SEO performance.
- Be consistently available during the workday to communicate with editors and peers via Slack and Google Hangouts. Attend team meetings as scheduled.
- Proofread materials for colleagues and provide quality control.
- Update project management and manipulate content management tools.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
It Pays to Work Here
- Bachelor's degree (with a focus in Communications, English, Journalism, Engineering) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a writer or editor in the security space. Additional crypto knowledge or experience preferred.
- Proven excellence in writing and editing
- Relentless attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with, and build trusted relationships, with internal teams successfully
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliverables simultaneously
- Preference for those with experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Strong organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills with experience executing programs on deadline, accurately, efficiently and with an attention to detail
- Comfortable with content management systems
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development