Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Trust & Safety
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust. The Trust & Safety Team at Gemini is dedicated to protecting our customers and ensuring the integrity of Gemini's digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals developing novel tools and processes to better solve emerging threats.
The Role: Fraud Associate, Trust & Safety
As a member of the Trust and Safety Team, you will share in the responsibility of protecting our customers against sophisticated threats. You will be responsible for identifying, investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing fraud and account takeovers on the Gemini platform, while ensuring a secure and seamless experience for our customers. Our team is growing quickly and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact in helping build and set the direction of the team.
* Conduct in-depth user activity investigations through analysis of disparate sources of data (server logs, customer support tickets, trade activity, blockchain analysis etc.) in response to internal and external escalations
* Respond to and resolve fraud and account security-related incidents in a timely manner
* Communicate with customers to effectively resolve their issues and gain an understanding of the fraud vectors
* Collaborate with third parties (banks, law enforcement, etc.) regarding fraud investigations
* Process Maintenance & Improvement
* Formulate, implement and document rules & policies that help the company effectively fight fraud
* Extrapolate lessons learned from fraud investigations & suggest new data sources that would help in fraud detection
* Scale fraud support while optimizing operational efficiency and quality
* Maintain or exceed established service level agreement and guidelines for timely resolution of issues
* Cross-functional Collaboration
* Collaborate with Customer Support and Security on improving processes to prevent and respond to fraud
* Project Management
* Take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
* BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
* 1-3 years of experience on a Risk, Trust and Safety, Fraud, or advanced Customer Support team handling incident investigations OR other relevant investigations experience
* Great verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to think on the feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
* Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity
* Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude - willingness to do what's necessary to ensure the safety of our customers
* A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question one's own assumptions
* Data exploration and analysis in spreadsheets (formulas, lookups, pivot tables etc.)
* Familiarity or experience with relational databases and SQL is a huge plus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.