Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world's leading organizations of...
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We've never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
FORENSIC TECHNOLOGY SERVICES - JUNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER / FULL STACK DEVELOPER
This position involves quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using various programming techniques. The responsibilities would range from initial data scoping and ETL through developing analytical solutions through their full lifecycle. The type of analysis varies by project, but common types of analysis are fraud detection, historical modeling, outlier analysis, blockchain analysis, and data visualizations. A successful candidate will be flexible and capable of working on a wide variety of problems. They will also be hungry to expand their technical knowledge to expand their toolbox of skills to tackle complex and interdisciplinary technical problems.
* Work independently and with a team to solve problems involving complex and large data sets.
* Write SQL and Python applications and scripts to solve the problems presented to GT by its clients.
* Create, manage, and utilize high performance relational databases (e.g. MS SQL Server).
* Create and explain complex analytic findings and techniques using both written and verbal reports.
* Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered.
* Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or Engineering is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience will be considered.
* REQUIRED: Significant experience and proficiency with relational database models and writing SQL queries.
* REQUIRED: Significant experience and proficiency writing Python based applications.
* Experience with common data analysis libraries (e.g. pandas, numby) preferred.
* Experience with common python web frameworks (e.g. flask, Django) preferred.
* Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau) preferred.
* Able to work independently and drive results.
* A passion for learning and working effectively in a nimble environment.
* Proficiency in UNIX/Linux is a plus.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit rewards and benefits.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.