Filament ( ) builds blockchain hardware and software solutions for the enterprise and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), allowing compani...
Filament ( ) builds blockchain hardware and software solutions for the enterprise and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), allowing companies to securely connect devices and machines that interact and transact value independent of a central authority. We are growing rapidly and looking for an exceptional Firmware Engineer. Reporting to the Hardware Engineering Manager, the Firmware Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of firmware at Filament.
- Design, build, test, and launch firmware according to schedule.
- Gather and analyze feedback from internal & external users on the key strengths and weaknesses.
- Optimize the firmware based upon that feedback and analysis.
- Identify critical bugs and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate leaders to continuously improve the firmware by integrating internal and external user feedback.
- Design, build, and demo a refined / enterprise version of the product on a given timeline.
- Achieve monthly firmware engineering metrics.
- Ensure a focus on continuous improvement, striving for sustained superior products measured by bug rates after release, customer satisfaction, and high penetration testing marks.
- Offer innovative ideas and solutions and encourage others to share theirs with the wider team.
- Superior abilities using C/C++, git, and Linux (any distro).
- At least 5 years of firmware, device driver, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience with debug of active product issues and root cause analysis providing solutions and workarounds for customers.
- Experience with ARM CortexM series and/or Espressif ESP32.
- Proficient with various development tools such as SWD/JTAG debugging, J-Link, GCC and ARM Keil.
- Experience developing applications for embedded Linux, RTOS, and bare-metal systems.
- Ability to write hardware drivers against a datasheet.
- High level knowledge of analog and digital circuitry.
- Understanding of software/hardware design tradeoffs (cost & performance).
- Deep knowledge of software architecture and/or protocols.
- Experience developing embedded firmware running on SOCs and SOMs.
- Awareness of customer-facing consequences of technical choices, and the ability to convey them to team members that are not programmers.
- Communicate effectively in one-on-one, small and large groups, and/or among diverse styles and position levels.
- Instill trust through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Be responsive and follow through. Do what you say you will do.
- Collaborate and build partnerships with others to meet shared objectives.
- Have a growth mindset and actively learn through experimentation. Embrace challenge and learn from failures.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Full benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurances, 100% paid by Filament.
- Training and professional development opportunities (e.g. required certifications, continuing education, and conferences).
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work from home on occasion.
- Snacks and drinks.
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, innovative blockchain company.
- provided by Dice C++, git, Linux, firmware, device driver, debugging, ARM CortexM, J-Link