As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you'll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join...
As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you'll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today's market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Firmware may exist anywhere in a computing system from the central computing complex to management consoles, power supplies, and I/O adapters within IBM mainframes. Some firmware projects include:
* Development of the hardware management console web interface and mobile app
* Development for the world's highest security cryptographic processors
* Development and support of I/O adapters (networking and storage) and Secure Service Containers used to support applications using blockchain technology.
* Server virtualization and a Parallel Sysplex environment so that mainframes can communicate as a single entity.
* Implementation of complex z/Architecture instructions, concurrent and recovery functions
Our engineers apply agile methodologies throughout the entire development cycle, from design, code implementation/review, unit testing, functional testing, simulation, and real hardware integration testing. Some areas use a Unix/Linux based Operating System focusing on embedded programming, communication protocols, host application software support, and user-interfaces. Interface and code designs are done primarily to communicate with different hardware components via various hardware protocols such as PCIe.
Selected candidates will work in a team-based, collaborative environment with peers both locally and across the global organization. This position may require you to work directly with clients to understand their needs and requirements and ensure product delivery meets their expectations.
Ideal candidates will possess demonstrated software design skills, understanding of front-end, back-end technologies or embedded systems. Team-based experience in software development, agile methodologies and the ability to perform software performance analysis, debugging and test.
Possible locations based on demand include:
Poughkeepsie, NY; Endicott, NY; Tucson, AZ; San Jose, CA; Houston, TX
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Pursuing Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
* Passion to pursue career path in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
* Fundamental education in software design and/or test
* Knowledge of web and mobile application development
* Computer Architecture
* Programming languages: Java, C, C++, Assembly
* Tools (Git/GitHub, IntelliJ, etc.)
* Strong Communication Skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Development knowledge of Unix/Linux kernel functionality