Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we...
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our growing finance team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Provide month end support and reporting to US controller and CFO
* Support accounting function for revenue generating business lines
* Reconcile bank, cryptocurrencies wallets and credit card accounts.
* Review T&E charges and ensure spending is in line with company's policy.
* Assist controller with bi-month payroll processing.
* Prepare journal entries for controller's approval.
* Prepare general ledger account analysis.
* Actively participate in the month end close process.
* Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and variance analysis.
* Assist with year-end audit work.
* Perform ad-hoc projects
* Assist Finance team in the day to day finance functions when necessary.
* Act as backup for members of the finance team as required.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
* CPA or equivalent qualification strongly preferred.
* 5+ years of experience working in a similar or relevant role.
* Experience with accounting in a financial services company.
* Strong excel spreadsheet skills.
* Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
* Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
* Amazing and accessible office location in Manhattan.
* Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
* Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
* Apple equipment.
* Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
* Medical Insurance, Dental, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
* Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.