About the BTA: The Blockchain Trust Accelerator is a leading platform for harnessing blockchain technology to solve social impact and govern...
About the BTA: The Blockchain Trust Accelerator is a leading platform for harnessing blockchain technology to solve social impact and governance challenges. Established in 2016, the BTA brings together governments, technologists, international civil society organizations, and philanthropists to build Blockchain pilots that benefit society. BTA projects help organizations and institutions increase accountability, ensure transparency, create opportunity, and build trust in core institutions. The BTA operates as a not-for-profit collaboration between New America (newamerica.org), Rockefeller Foundation (rockfound.org), The Bitfury Group (bitfury.com), and the National Democratic Institute (ndi.org).
* Support the BTA with thorough research and writing.
* Help us update the program's website and grow the BTA's online presence through Twitter and our blog.
* Help with organizing and staffing panel discussions, round-tables, and other public or invite-only blockchain/public policy events.
* A big part of the job will be monitoring events and research of peer organizations and leaders in the field of blockchain technologies as well as preparing for meetings and vetting project proposals.
* Other miscellaneous administrative duties may arise as well.
Please submit a resume with a cover letter addressing why you are interested in pursuing Blockchain applications for social good.
* Fall internship: Start date: September. End date: December/January
* Winter internship: Start date: January. End date: April/May.
* There may be a possibility to extend.
Hours/Compensation: Flexible. Would prefer a minimum of 15 to 20 hours a week. Small stipend may be available if course credit is not applicable.
No emails , no phone calls please.
New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our clientele, our employees, and our communities. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one's employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.