***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due...
***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due to the nature of work with our US Federal customers.***
What You'll Do
You're a highly motivated and experienced F5 Network Engineer (ASM). Reporting to the Network Engineering Manager, the WAF Network Engineer will be primarily responsible for developing and expanding the infrastructure supporting Webex Calling platform, within the Cisco Collaboration group.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Who You'll Work With
- Architect F5 ASM solutions
- Work F5 ASM incident tickets and change tickets.
- Research false positives and bring tickets to resolution.
- Mature the use of ASM technology.
- Document and validate operational support procedure.
The Webex Calling Engineering team is a globally distributed group working collaboratively to improve and develop the Webex offer. Making use of the best Cisco has to offer by integrating these products with the wider spectrum of 3rd Party services to provide a best in class Cloud service.
With a depth of Service Provider experience in the UC space the team leverages this to drive innovation whilst maintaining core service.Who You Are
You are a highly inquisitive, motivated and driven person who takes time to research and understand the detail individually. Self-disciplined to manage multiple tasks in parallel with minimal oversight, yet capable of working collaboratively in a team possibly in a leading role with a proven record of delivering large scale projects.
You should have an expert knowledge of WAF including F5 ASM or equivalent as well as underlying network protocols and principles (LTM, APM, ADFM) You will need to have a demonstrated record of participation in large scale infrastructure deployment projects.Experience:
Skills, knowledge & attributes:
- At least 5 years of experience
- Big-IP ASM required
- Strong application firewall background.
- ASM policy creation, testing and implementation.
- SOC Operational tasks and ticketing workflow.
- Strong networking knowledge,protocols and ports.
- Application security vulnerability investigation.
- Excellent follow up skills and internal customer communications.
- Excellent problem solving background.
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good documentation and process skills.
- Experience with F5 Big all modules./
- Experience with JIRA Ticketing system.
- Network Infrastructure experience with environments.
- 5-10 years relevant experience.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
*LI-MR1 - provided by Dice