Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we...
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are growing the Accounting division of our Finance team, and are looking for an experienced Equity and Payroll Manager. This person will work closely with our Global Controller and team leaders, and will be collaborating with HR, Finance, and other teams. We are looking for a candidate with the drive to operate in a high-growth environment, with strong experience in payroll and equity compensation. A focus on regulatory compliance and building strong internal controls is critical.
* Administer equity plans, performance awards, releases, cancellations, terminations, purchase and refund events
* Partner with HR, Legal and Finance on the structure of equity programs and coordination on all aspects of administration
* Ensure compliance with US securities regulations and tax requirements, including annual equity-related filings
* Reconcile monthly equity activity, including shares outstanding and share reserves between company records
* Ensure appropriate tax withholding, accounting and compliance
* Assist with the development of internal controls and the automation of equity processes
* Serve as a resource for participants' questions about payroll and all equity awards
* Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems domestically and internationally to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes and other deductions.
* Identify recommendations to scale processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency including the design and implementation of internal controls and maintenance of payroll policies and procedures
* Strong accounting background with a solid knowledge of US GAAP, international accounting experience a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or related course of study
* Combination of private and public accounting experience preferred
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organisation, project management and analytical skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels
* Internal control experience desirable.
* 5+ years of relevant experience in payroll processing, equity administration and related accounting analysis and month-end reconciliations
* Strong ethics and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive data
* Advanced Excel skills required ; experience with Carta, other preferred
* CPP certification preferred but not required
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
* Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
* Apple equipment.
* Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
* US Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
* Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
* Your favourite GIF.