Equities Lead -- Uphold
A digital money platform serving over 6 million customers in more than 150 countries. Uphold now mana...
Equities Lead -- Uphold
A digital money platform serving over 6 million customers in more than 150 countries. Uphold now manages more than $1.5 billion in customer assets. The Silicon Valley firm currently opens around 10,000 accounts a day as consumers seek a more versatile and cost-effective home for their financial lives. Leveraging blockchain technology, the platform provides both consumers and businesses with easy access to 46 digital assets, 27 national currencies, four precious metals and 50 fractional U.S. equities. Uphold's unique trading experience - 'Anything-to-Anything' - allows customers to trade directly between asset classes, saving time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than a minute and trade with no minimum investment amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge. To learn more, please visit
Uphold is committed to bringing any asset to anyone, anywhere. One critical asset for our customers are US equities. You will lead a diversified engineering team building our Equities offering, overseeing frontend and backend buildout, systems engineering, and managing the variety of integrations and infrastructure to deliver a world class product.
You might use a variety of technologies. At Uphold, we primarily use Go, Python, and C++ for services, with NodeJS when required for specific integrations. In addition, we utilize (My|Postgre)SQL, redis, bash, linux, etc. Generally, we try to use whatever tool is best for the job, without letting the stack grow too complicated, and we expect you'll generally do the same.
Equities will be a new team that you'll help build out. Likely, in this new world, it will be a geographically distributed team, and you'll be adept at working in such an environment. You'll steward a process that is highly collaborative. You'll be responsible for the hard thinking before the code has been written.
* Significant experience in leading software teams
* Significant professional experience in at least one of our core languages: Go, Python, or C++
* Excitement to act as a team lead with significant ownership of the group's efforts
* Effective communication skills; a positive, team player
* Significant experience in automated testing frameworks, continuous integration, and test driven design
* Experience using Git in production environments
* Comfort working in an agile, fast-moving, iterative software development process
* Ability to be highly effective in remote-first environment