Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2021
CANDIDATES APPLYING MUST BE REGISTERED STUDENTS IN AN EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE.
As an Entry-Level User Experience Design Intern , you'll learn how to practice human-centered software design at a large corporation through our crash course in Enterprise Design Thinking. We'll also provide you with a variety of education on technical and soft skills from the many accomplished designers in our studios. You'll get the chance to practice these skills with a cross-disciplinary team on real-life projects that support actual IBM products (that are likely to be later implemented!).
We're in search of team players with positive attitudes, as your success in this program and the value you take away from it hinge on strong collaboration. IT'S AWESOME IF YOU ALREADY HAVE TECHNICAL SKILLS IN USER EXPERIENCE (UX), VISUAL DESIGN, OR USER RESEARCH, BUT WE'VE FOUND THAT THE MOST SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE SOLID TEAM PLAYERS.
If you're passionate about helping others and making an impact in the world, THEN THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU.
- Working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Learning about the industry and domain for your project's subject matter, and identifying the key users you'll be designing for
- Conducting research to learn more about your user and their biggest pain points
- Investigating the user's problems and creating simple, intuitive solutions
- Testing and validating the usability of your team's designs
- Synthesizing real user feedback and figuring out how to work it back into your designs
- Communicating your concepts and ideas via storytelling
- Continually engaging with project stakeholders to design experiences that stay true to the business's needs
- Taking your concepts from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mock-ups
- Delivering a final project solution that satisfies original requirements
- Completing specific learning modules to ensure you are developing the skills and competencies essential to complete your project work
About Business Unit
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to work on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.