What You'll Do
Enterprise Switching is looking for experienced Software New Product Program Manager (SW NPPM). You will play a leadership/b...
What You'll Do
Enterprise Switching is looking for experienced Software New Product Program Manager (SW NPPM). You will play a leadership/business partnering role in the development & delivery of Polaris XE. You will work cross functionally with the marketing, engineering, finance, and other supply chain functions in order to scope, coordinate, integrate and deliver Polaris XE, OS for Cisco Enterprise Networking Products. Knowledge of dev ops software release process is a plus.
You will have the opportunity to work on supply chain strategic initiatives to drive the business forward. You will play a meaningful role in shaping supply chain's role in the delivery of SW Subscription and SaaS products and enabling new delivery models being demanded by our Enterprise Networking customers. Your role and responsibilities include:
Who you'll work with:
- Engage with the Engineering and Product Management product team early in the development to scope/influence the project and create robust project plan and fulfillment strategy taking into account current capabilities and needed future capabilities.
- Manage overall scope, cost, quality and delivery for Supply Chain program
- Run the lifecycle of products from pre-concept commit insuring compliance to all defined processes. Engage and manage all extended resources (subject matter experts for specific areas e.g. licensing, fulfillment, capabilities/solutions).
- Lead and prioritize risk mitigation strategies while actively seeking and incorporating standard methodologies
- Learn, understand and use Cisco's monetization models and associated NPI requirements to enable NPI program.
- Understand Agile and DevOps methodologies, as well as cloud technologies to meet project deliverables.
- Execute on strategic and transformational projects to evolve capabilities.
You will be directly working with Enterprise Networking Product Management, Engineering and Finance. In addition, you will also be working with other Supply Chain functions - Planning, Manufacturing, Fulfillment, Sourcing and Technology and Quality. Who you are:
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with your technical background, will allow you to successfully collaborate cross functionally with various business partners. Minimum Requirements include:
- BA/BS in engineering, computing science, business administration or supply chain management. MBA or MA degree preferred
- 5-8 years program management experience in SW
- Experience with SW fulfillment, SW licensing, SW product bundling, SW cost modeling
- Deep understanding of Cloud services (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and cost/quality management
- Experience with DevOps/Continuous Delivery approach to delivering cloud based SaaS applications
- Practical work experience with both waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box! But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair. Don't care. Tattoos. Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. #WE ARE CISCO