With focus on overall payments landscape and evolution, this person will take lead on coordinating and collaborating enterprise...
With focus on overall payments landscape and evolution, this person will take lead on coordinating and collaborating enterprise payment platform and new product/ feature development activities at the enterprise level. Leverage a customer/ client oriented mindset to drive development of disruptive payment products that address pain points and tap into latent opportunities. This applies to solutions the spectrum including B2B, B2C, C2B, C2C use cases. The group has a focus on use-cases leveraging new and innovative technologies including but not limited to RTP, Network-of-networks, wallets and Zelle. This will include evaluation of the treasury solutions/ payments landscape, disruptors and industry consolidation and our approach to each. This person will need to work across the organization in close partnership with Cash management product teams, consumer product teams, technology and strategy functions; externally with Fintechs and platform / capability vendors.
This person will collaborate across the organization to analyze the market, identify client needs and use cases that could be supported by emerging payment capabilities, analyze the business cases behind these opportunities and help the bank prioritize the many potential investments and projects in this space and coordinate product development and pilot activities to promote the bank's payment offerings.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Help coordinate/collaborate enterprise payments platforms/ programs - with an emphasis and focus on driving client value by leveraging the ongoing payments / digital evolution including RTP (real time payments), alternate payment models (wallets, blockchain) and digital evolution.
* Develop and manage a set of payment programs, activities and experiences around products with consumer and commercial focus.
* Help with assessing market opportunity, competitive offerings, customer needs, ROI, and the ability for the bank to differentiate itself and be seen by the market as an innovator across all relevant lines of business.
* Work with product, business stakeholders, or other sources to identify and define client needs and emerging trends.
* Help with managing the development and maintenance of competitive analysis and market research for competitive offerings.
* Conduct research on product enhancements and new product offerings. Initiate product development cycle for agreed upon development initiatives.
* Continuously learn about technology and business changes and ensure appropriate steps are taken to meet requirements. Work closely with association relationship management to leverage relationships for Citizens and our clients
* Define, develop, and lead the implementation of product roadmaps and capabilities to support business and customer needs
* Technical Excellence -- Provide effective technical solutions to functional challenges. Apply current procedures and technologies to resolve business issues. Continuously builds knowledge-base and keeping up-to-date on technical and procedural job components.
* Products and Services -- Research the target market to identify how product and services are sold and delivered. Identify product and service linkages across the business and enterprise.
* Agile Methodologies - Using agile methodologies, apply appropriate techniques to facilitate innovation and execution. Apply and interpret metrics to measure team progress and effectiveness.
* Requirements Analysis -- Supervises the advanced use of requirements analysis tools and services, including prototyping and use cases. Produces detailed functional and information requirements models and documentation. Trains others on requirements work and quality reviews.
* 3 or more years of relevant payments experience in payments, digital products and solutions.
* The experience could be in traditional banks, Fintechs or broader payment ecosystem.
* The ideal person will have an understanding and mindset of an entrepreneur who is comfortable to think outside the box by keeping client/ customer experience front and center.
* Experience in digital product development is a plus.
* Some of who have had exposure to evolving market landscape in consumer or commercial payments space.
* experience coordinating strategic initiatives with multiple stakeholders with a financial services environment.
* A fast learner who can play multiple roles and multi-task.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to support with developing strategy/ storylines for the Enterprise Payments group.
* A transformation mindset and ability to operate and excel with some level of ambiguity / white space.
* Direct experience in payments
* Real time payments, blockchain with commercial use-cases
* Experience in technology/ product platforms that support cash management (Integrated Payables, receivables)
Education and Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree in business or a related technical field preferred.
* THESE POSITIONSMAY BE LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: - PROVIDENCE (CRANSTON) RI; BOSTON (DEDHAM/NORWOOD) MA; STAMFORD, CT, Wilmington, DE or Flexible if needed.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.