By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. ...
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States, with a preference for working east coast times.
The Enterprise Architecture group exists to facilitate the alignment of enterprise capabilities with business strategies and drive efficiency and flexibility across the organization with consistent patterns, processes, and technologies. This position is a senior hands-on thought leadership position within IT that requires a mix of strong technical and communication skills to gain credibility and be seen as a trusted advisor by the executive leadership teams.
This individual will work with leaders and stakeholders across the organization to keep abreast of business strategy and recommend & drive direction on initiatives, keeping them in line with our future state and drive value beyond the standard scope of IT/ Technology.
The American Red Cross takes a pragmatic results-oriented approach to Enterprise Architecture and is seeking professionals that can contribute to growing an effective and pragmatic discipline with clear value to its stakeholders. The role requires someone who is adaptable and can span a spectrum of roles from the strategic to the tactical depending on the need of the moment.
• Working with leaders across the organization to understand business strategies, direction, and identify needs
• Ability to be hands on when needed and be able to function across the spectrum - from strategic and tactical
• Leading or participating in enterprise vendor, technology, and tool selection
• Develop working technology solutions for reference and starting points for development teams
• Engaging with enterprise project and portfolio management processes to evaluate opportunities and provide guidance on initiatives
• Providing subject matter expertise and assessments to business stakeholders
• Capturing, maintaining, and publishing business, information, and technical architecture artifacts
• Development of reference architectures, standards, and guidelines leveraged across the organization
• Development of target architectures and transition plans
• Facilitating complex design and technical discussions, reconciling differing opinions and driving the decision making process
• Presenting architectural decisions and proposals to stakeholders to explain how business strategy alignment is satisfied
• Collaborating with solution architects, IT leadership, and delivery teams to ensure alignment with target and reference architectures, provide guidance, solicit feedback, and identify enterprise IT needs
• Proposing the development of enterprise IT assets and services for use across business units
• Performing in a solution architect capacity for large enterprise initiatives as and when needed
• Contributing to the growth and maturity of EA processes as the discipline evolves
• Monitoring key EA and technology trends and industry standards
• Act as a technology guardian to promote sustainable solutions and discourage poor choices
• Provide oversight, guidance, and contributions to help ensure project success
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
• Education/Certification: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• Required Skills/Experience: 10 + years of broad experience in the information technology with depth in sub-disciplines of business architecture, information architecture and application/technical architecture and breadth across all disciplines in a large global corporation.
• At least 5 years professional Enterprise Architecture experience in an architectural or design capacity for 'large scale' mission critical, multi-tenant, multi-tier enterprise systems.
• Experience serving as the primary technical architect and lead for multiple critical corporate applications
• Exposure and project level experience with the following technologies/platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure cloud computing platforms, Salesforce platform across its various offerings (firm understanding of the underlying technology framework and tools)
• Strong experience with relational and SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server etc.). Experience with NoSQL databases desired.
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.) & Enterprise Architecture tools
• Strong understanding of data management technologies (MDM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Science)
• Strong understanding of Integration technologies including ESB, iPaaS, API Management and Service Governance experience
• Experience with product evaluations and selection, buy-or-build
• Strong desire to keep up with emerging technologies such as RPA, Blockchain, Identity management
• Highly intelligent, conceptual, excellent judgment, and capable of analyzing business and management problems. Must possess the ability to arrive at sound and effective business solutions.
• Excellent communication skills; able to present a solid business case, form business partnerships, and frame issues for a wide variety of stakeholders including executive management.
• Background with Medical, Biomedical and/or DDA data processing systems and/or CRM systems would be a plus
• Strong knowledge of systems security, data protection, and data privacy.
• Adaptable to finding creative solutions for the American Red Cross Mission.
• Assertive and proactive, decisive and tenacious with political wisdom and discerning judgment. Must have a sense of humor.
• Able to work both autonomously and with appropriate collaboration among other team members and senior management across a matrixed organization.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time once we return to work travel.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $165K+/-. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee's a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights