Our client is a financial technology company delivering pioneering blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship serv...
Our client is a financial technology company delivering pioneering blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship service is a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets.
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help us build our core technology, the distributed systems platform that will underlie the next generation of the global financial markets. You'll work with a development team to help define and implement the applications used by both our customers and our operations staff, and be front-and-center designing and developing these tools from the ground up. You will have not only the technical chops to roll up your sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
* Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
* Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
* Contribute technically to projects.
* Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
* Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and problem solving.
* Work with industry partners and clients cross functionally to ensure alignment and collaboration.
* Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team.
* Be part of a fast-paced, agile environment.
* Partner with Recruiting to build well-rounded, effective, and inclusive engineering teams
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
* 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
* Hands-on experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, C++ or Java.
* Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation, capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty".
* Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong presentation skills that will be needed to showcase the work the team is doing, or outlining the strategies being employed to move the engineering forward.
* Strong negotiating skills needed to communicate and collaborate with partner teams.
* Experience working on large-scale distributed systems is a plus.
* Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Paxos, Raft, etc).
* Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric encryption (pub/priv key), symmetric encryption, and hash functions.
* Experience contributing meaningfully to one or more Open Source projects.
* Startup experience is a nice-to-have.
Andiamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.