Pi is a new social cryptocurrency secured and backed by everyday people. Developed by a team of Stanford PhDs, Pi can be easily ...
Pi is a new social cryptocurrency secured and backed by everyday people. Developed by a team of Stanford PhDs, Pi can be easily mined on mobile phones with low financial cost, limited battery drain, and a light footprint on the planet. Pi's social cryptocurrency is laying the foundation for an inclusive, online ecosystem where everyday people can capture their fair share of the digital pie. We're a tech startup located in Silicon Valley. Our mobile application right now has over 18 million engaged members across over 230 countries in the world.
- The Engineering Manager leads a team in building and scaling Pi Networks system architecture to support tens of millions of users.
- The Engineering Manager is the expert on Pi Network's code base. You develop an intimate understanding of our Ruby on Rails, React, and Typescript infrastructure such that you can lead the team in the ongoing architectural decisions and manage the team to execute on the roadmap and maintain the Pi Network.
- The Engineering Manager leads the deployment process. You operate as both an individual contributor and an engineering team manager to set and maintain a high standard for review, comment, and deployment of pull requests.
- The Engineering Manager leads the ongoing execution of the engineering roadmap. You operate as an autonomous and productive member of the team, contributing both as an individual and manager of engineering resources. You drive the team to make steady progress against the roadmap with optimism and perseverance, regardless of headwinds.
What You Have:
- Engineering Management experience. You have 2+ years of experience managing engineers and engineering resources. You exhibit a passion for managing, supporting, coaching, and empowering people. You can articulate perspectives on the mechanics of good management. You have a desire to operate as both a manager and individual contributor in relation to code review and deployment.
- Ruby on Rails experience. You have an intimate understanding of Ruby on Rails. You can code and detect errors and inefficiencies of others' code. You understand the conventions, pros, and cons of the technology and you demonstrate prior experience.
- Typescript / React experience. You have demonstrated experience with Typescript in a JS React environment.
- Backend expertise. You have a high level of sensitivity on the server side with basic knowledge of Linux. You provide opinionated perspectives on system architecture. You can point to examples of projects that required scalability to millions of users.
- A passion for blockchain. You have worked on projects that involved distributed systems and cryptography and have a passion for blockchain and distributed ledger technologies.
- DevOps experience. You have demonstrated experience with DevOps using Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Who You Are:
- You persevere. You know how to overcome obstacles and continue working to solve problems in the face of adversity.
- You are positive and optimistic. You index toward solutions over problems. You know how to rally team members during difficult times and strive to
- You are decisive. Behavior. Must have. After group brainstorming and discussions, can come to a conclusion or decision on the next steps and an actionable plan.
- Medical and Vision coverage plans
- PTO for vacation and sick days
- Paid federal holidays
Come As You Are:
Pi Network is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and do not discriminate based on race, gender, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.