Novi is a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services on top of Diem, a new global currency powered by blockchain techno...
Novi is a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services on top of Diem, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology based infrastructure. The first product Novi will introduce is a digital wallet, which will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp and as a standalone app. The first version of Diem wallet will support peer-to-peer payments and ways to use the coin with merchants and other use cases. Our vision is that over time there will be many other use-cases for Diem including in-store payments, integrations into Point-of-Sale systems, and more.
We are looking for a leader to lead the financial service infra team that supports both Diem as an open source project, and Novi product by providing needed infrastructure services as building blocks. Specifically, the team is responsible for Diem blockchain infrastructure, payment ledger, custody & security infrastructure, treasury platform & service. As Facebook continues to invest in the financial service sector, this team plays a critical role in supporting the product growth and will expand in scope and responsibilities.
This team consists of high performing engineers. We are looking for an Engineering Director with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated trajectory of increasing management scope in building platform, strong technical background, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers and managers in a fast-paced environment.
- Define and influence product strategy in partnership with product team, turn the strategy into concrete engineering vision and long term roadmap
- Communicate and drive engineering initiatives across functions
- Participate in technical design and provide high level guidance to the team
- Build strong engineering teams across multiple pillars, develop ICs and managers
- Work with research team to evangelize research ideas into production
- Experience building and growing large orgs, but can also work with small elite team of engineers
- Proven track record to deliver ambitious projects
- Familiarity with payment space, especially the internals of payment processing flows
- Knowledge of blockchain or cryptocurrency is not required, but should be motivated and open to learning new technology
- Background in payment infrastructure
- experience in the fields of distributed systems, payment infrastructure, service platform
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Associated topics: calculation, civil engineer, department of transportation, infrastructure, microstation, remedial, soil mechanic, structural analysis, traffic, transportation