What You'll Do
The Engineering Licensing Office is looking for a QA engineer to join our organization. The focus of the role is testing the...
What You'll Do
The Engineering Licensing Office is looking for a QA engineer to join our organization. The focus of the role is testing the functionality of the on-premise licensing solution that spans across all of Cisco's products.
You will work to build the test cases and the automation test suites for the smart licensing solution in an Agile development environment. You will be the QA engineer on a scrum team with backend developers and UI engineers working together to deliver feature functionality.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Skilled in Performance testing, scale testing. Set up/manage the infrastructure of scale testing in Cloud/VM environment. 3+ years of experience is required.
- Capable of setting up performance tools like JMeter, Load Runner...
- Automate the creation and deployment of VMs which will enable automated
- Run regression suites and reporting of results. Manual testing to find bugs, defects, and regressions.
- Design, implement, execute automated test cases and scripts.
- Validate and document completion of testing and development.
- Automate test cases. Verify fixes. 5+ years of experience are required.
Who You'll Work With
The Engineering Licensing Office at Cisco performs centralized development of a new Cloud-Based Software Licensing Platform, licensing libraries, APIs, and policies. Our Primary Projects include a standardized software plugin that operates in all Cisco products, Test Harness Systems, and on-prem License Managers. If you have ever wanted a role that touches everything Cisco develops, this is it.
Who You Are
You are a strong quality assurance engineer with five+ years of programming/automation experience in Java/Ruby/Python/Perl language on a large scale project. You have a high level of proficiency with automating test cases, running regressions, and manual test execution. You are familiar with Openstack, Java, Ruby, Selenium, Cucumber, and Automated deployment. You are ambitious and can drop into an existing codebase, and rapidly begin flushing out issues.
You have shown you are able to start fast and give to an existing project. You have the capacity to pick up new functionality, identify, and debug problems at the System Level. And are willing and able to work closely with the developers fixing bugs, and work with teammates.Additional desired skills:
- Be part of the Agile Scrum Team: attend daily stand-up meetings, attend iteration planning meetings
- Work on assigned user test cases and a task
- Be adaptive to last-minute changes to the design and architecture.
- Work with Development team to influence Overall Solution
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Related Field
- Creative problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills are critical.
- Validated ability to develop test plans and deliver high-quality testing results or scripts on a schedule
- Ability to learn fast and critically
- Deploy software on the servers as needed.
- Setup an OpenStack environment for self-deploying VMs
- Review User Stories, develop test plans for automation framework.
- Be ready to fix code with the product teams
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
- provided by Dice